Monday, January 6, 2020

CRAZY HOW TIME GOES BY SO FAST

You know I seriously try to post at least every couple days.  It just doesn't seem that long ago that I wrote about the cruise in October.  But I see its been almost a week!

And virtually nothing has happened.  It has rained and rained and rained and rained!  I haven't seen rain like this since living in Bamfield during summer months.  Today we woke up to some snow but that disappeared fairly quickly.

The neighbour has rented his driveway out to a fellow to park his enormous RV.  It's right by my bedroom and bathroom window.  The whole thing is covered by a tarp.  Needless to say that the constant incessant rain simply thunders on that tarp.  As I said before I sleep with my bedroom window open...unless that damned dog is barking, and the rain pounding down on that tarp is LOUD!!!  I love it!  It is just like old timey camping...you know....back in the day when we all slept in old canvas tents with plastic tied over them.  I love that sound.

Suffering a little from cabin fever one day, the three of us hopped into the truck and went thrift shopping...just like that awesome song by Mackleroy or whoever it was.  What a hoot.  Sally Anne, a This and That store and another This and That store. 

 I was really looking for a single big jar to make a dozen pickled eggs in.  Didn't find one but we did find an office chair to replace the ugly one at the piano.  Five bucks!  And I found a little wooden doll that appealed to me and is on my mantle.  One buck.  Pic below.  And an interesting bark and stone frame.  3 bucks. We were going to go do something else but Monte needed the loo so we came home.

Tomorrow is tree taking down day.  I am going to miss it.  I have totally enjoyed the little critter.  The room is going to lose a little life when it's gone.  Also our goofy ancient old cinema has a really good movie happening.  Knives Out...got some Golden Globe notice.  Tomorrow is cheap night so we are going to go.  At least Peter and I are going to.  I don't think Monte wants to.  It's my kind of movie...a time piece and a family murder and whodunnit.  I am just shocked that that decrepit old theatre is actually getting a decent movie in.

Well that is actually all I did over this last week.  Pretty mundane.  Dog goes to Purple Paws Wed for a cleanup.  Thursday I am going to Stan's for a night.  By myself.  Pete and Mont have Friday things to do.  Next time I will be sure to take the boys.  Stan and Antonia have made it clear that they really enjoy their company.  Then one week from there I shall have the lasagna dinner night with our crew.  Oh and the request by Ange was also lemon meringue pie.  Thoroughly testing my kitchen skills this time!  So thats it folks.  TTYL

MY SALLY ANNE PURCHASE....I THINK I AM BECOMING AN OLD LADY






No comments:

Post a Comment