Saturday, May 30, 2020

BROWNIES AND PICNICS AND FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS

Hey Cookie, I have a picture of you, me and Kevin out in the bush having a picnic.  We took left over roti and stuffed it with left over subjit.  The best picnic ever!!!  And for sure we will make brownies and take them with us.  I am still perfecting the timing and temp in that oven.  I love it!

The trip I signed Peter, Monte and I up for, a cruise to South America, was approximately fifteen thousand dollars.  I paid in full.  17 hundred of that was actually the mandatory deposit.  So if you cancel before August first you lose your 1700 but get your balance back.

My dilemma was should I hold out and wait to see if Holland America cancels the cruise and I get the whole amount back, or do I cancel by Aug 1st and at least get most of my money back minus the 1700 bucks. If I don't cancel, and Holland doesn't cancel, I lose the whole fifteen.  Ain't no way am I going on a Petri dish cruise anytime soon!

And then yesterday I heard our esteemed Prime Minister make that magic announcement....no cruising in Canada until the end of October.  We were to leave Oct, 3rd.  Yay!!!!!!  That trip will be cancelled as we were to leave from Vancouver.  Such a load off my mind.

About four  this morning there was a very loud bang.  I thought something had fallen off Graeme's bed, I mean it could have been Graeme but it didn't have that human slap sound of a person hitting the floor.  But then a few minutes later there was another one...a very very loud one.  I got up right away to make sure no one was monkeying around with any of our vehicles or stuff.  So I went out to the deck and had a look.  I couldn't really see anything.  Then Graeme showed up and we went out on the deck and the people in the crack house across the back alley were yet again having a fire...burning something.  They do this fairly regularly.

  When I was talking to Harry next door the other day, he said he feels they are burning off the plastic on copper wire they steal from somewhere.  Apparently the smoke smells horrendous...it blows right into his house.  We are just far enough way to not get it.  I think that house is going to blow up one day....meth lab.

Well not much to report.  I think I shall attack clothes again today, either laundry or putting summer crap away.  I really am getting tired of being in my chair and watching stupid tv.  Its funny how when you have all the time in the world, you lose your ambition to do anything.  When I am super busy I really want to play the piano, bake stuff, clean, garden, put up wallpaper, etc...But sitting around begats more sitting around which begats more sitting around.  Shovel list.

So I dumped my pics and I will put a couple below of the lake we found.  So pretty.   Sorry for the very lame post.  Not much happening in this corner of the woods!  Be safe, stay healthy and TTYL











No comments:

Post a Comment