Thursday, May 21, 2020

A RANT

I think its great that we have great minds at the helm leading the way with this covid thing but I also think there is a danger in letting them do all your thinking and slipping into hero worship.

Both Tam and Henry are suggesting and recommending we wear masks now.  And if you have any questions about your symptoms etc....to call 811 and let them tell you what to do.

Sure. My neighbour whom I talk with over our balconies thought she may have it.  She called 811, like Graeme did a couple of months ago.  The advice was the same...take your temperature and if you have to go out wear a mask.  And forget about being tested.  Here in BC our esteemed Bonnie doesn't seem interested in making testing available unless you are dying.

First of all, where?  Where do you get masks?  The one drugstore here doesn't sell them.  I don't have a sewing machine so I can't make one.  I don't know any back alley dealers to illegally buy a bunch off of at exorbitant prices.  So that particular piece of advice is useless.

And where does one get a thermometer?  Every time any of us has been into the drugstore we ask. They say they don't have them.  They trickle in and sell out immediately.  So that particular piece of advice is also useless.  We use the meat thermometer and I now know the temp of the inside of the back of my tongue, real helpful.

And testing?  Well in BC thats a joke.  Its pretty clear that the provinces (like New Brunswick and Saskatchewan) that test and test and test are doing way better.  BC?  Its like Bonnie is hoarding the crap and doesn't want it used.  I have a feeling that if there is a whole lot of testing now the actual number of people with covid would go up, clearly.  And possibly she doesn't want her precious reputation to be besmirched.  Can you tell I am not on the Bonnie band wagon?  Great lady, but she is human, not a god.

From what I can tell the countries, provinces, states etc..that did the best are the ones that have the citizens that followed the requirements the best, stuck with it and the powers that be actually cared more about the vulnerable dying than about the frigging economy.  Look at Sweden.  They put their economy ahead of deaths and their death rate per capita is about double or more than their surrounding neighbours (except Belgium).  But the head health guy was very quick to point out that the deaths were in senior care homes...like they don't really count?  Even here Bonnie is quick to point out that predominantly the deaths are in care homes or chicken plants (where a lot of the workers are foreign), not the general community.  I don't know.  Not sure what to think.  So like Scarlett...I will think about it tomorrow.

Sorry for the rant.  I think I am getting tired of all this as is everybody.  What worries me is that eventually you get worn down and you end up letting your guard down and you can get careless.  I hope Sylvia Browne was right and this frigging thing disappears as quickly as it hit us.

I made delicious spicy potato salad yesterday.  I am going to cheer myself up and go have some for breakfast.  Stay safe people...don't let your guard down!  And don't become a Bonnie hater like me...she is pretty amazing.  TTYL






No comments:

Post a Comment