Saturday, May 9, 2020

LAPTOP TROUBLES

I am having serious problems with my laptop here.  I think it's time for a new one.  I had my post well started and then it totally disappeared, mid type.  So I don't know how far I will get with this.

Yesterday I opened it up and there was only half a desktop pic on it and it was totally frozen.  Thank goodness Graeme fixed it but now the screen is all the wrong size and things aren't quite right.  And when you spend the hours I do on this thing, things not being quite right on the screen is discombobulating.

Yesterday was quite the day.  The four of us hopped into the truck and went to Nesgaards, our fave garden centre.  We bought 12 bags of dirt to fill the cloth raised garden beds I bought off amazon.  We also picked up seeds, baby starter plants (eggplants and squash) and a beautiful big beefsteak tomato plant.  Then we went for a drive.  It was such a beautiful hot day...so needed here.  It rains a lot in Port.

We took the two removable roof parts off the truck and it totally reminded Monte and I of driving around Maui in a convertible.  This stupid laptop is now underlining in red, words that are NOT spelt wrong.  Like it underlined off.  Why?  And quite.  Are quite and off no longer in the English language?  And it keeps capitalizing tomato.  Grrrrrr.

Anyway we drove out to the MacLean Mill...an old mill grounds and buildings that have been restored enough for tourists to see, except right now there are no tourists!!!!  Perfect time to go.  At one time there was a train that would take people from the quay down below us here all the way out to the mill and back again.  It isn't running right now due to lack of money and we aren't sad about it.  That train horn going all day almost drove people that live here nuts.  It was such a beautiful hot sunny day and we enjoyed ourselves there...all by ourselves!

Last night Graeme and I were peacefully watching tv when there was a great huge shouting match outside.  Two guys from the drug house across the alley from us were just screaming at each other.  It was awful.  I thought they were going to kill each other.  Finally I called the cops.  And by the time the lady finished asking me, over and over and over, if I could see them, and me over and over and over saying no, I could only hear them, they quieted down and we think they walked off down the street away from that house.  Jeez!  I don't know how many times I had to tell her that we couldn't see them.  It's dark.  There are trees.  They were on the other side of their house.  NO I couldn't see them.

Anywhoo I am going to put a couple of pics here. Today I think Monte is going to plant.  He is the garden keeper.  He loves it.  Oh and I have ordered from Amazon a propane fire pit.!!  I am so excited!  Often when there are no fires allowed, the fire pits are.  Jen brought one with her last year on our Bamfield camping trip and it was so handy.  And she didn't mind us roasting weenies on it.  Some people I know like to keep their's pristine.  Not me.  We are going to USE it on our deck and anywhere else we feel like and have weenie roasts.  I can't wait.  Keep safe everyone.  TTYL


PS.   You will read in the pics an excerpt that April sent me.  It was written about Sylvia Brown,  a famous psychic.  I have read a lot of her stuff.  One of the things she does is make predictions...and she is ALWAYS right.  Read what she wrote in 2008.  I remember her on tv making this prediction.  It is in her book.  So even if you are a total skeptic...I don't think you can explain away this one.  It certainly isn't just a 'lucky guess'.
GRAEME AND I...SELFIE TIME. Monte took my pony so he could drive the jeep without the roof.  So my hair is a mess.


OUT AT THE MILL


STUPID BLOGSPOT...MIXES UP THE PICS
MONTE AND PETE FILLING UP THE BEDS







1 comment:

  1. OMG...I totally remember Sylvia Brown. I used to watch her every time she was on Montel Williams. She was ALWAYS spot on. Unbelievably. The fact that she predicted Covid 19 us no surprise. She predicted just about everything that was note worthy over the decades. Your back lawn is lovely, and what a beautiful area you live in.

    ReplyDelete