Wednesday, May 13, 2020

STARING

I have been sitting here on my bed in the sink hole I have created in the mattress over the last three months, staring at this screen.  Normally I am all gung ho and excited to get the post written.  But today I am finding it harder to get wound up.  I am not sure but I think this staying home, being a little scared 24/7, not seeing my kids and grand kids is beginning to get to me.  And worst of all  my attitude toward a certain race is turning ugly.

I don't know if you read what Bryan Adams tweeted but I totally agree with him, maybe not the way he worded it, kind of harsh, but I agree with the message.  I know some people choose to call him racist, but how do you object to what a culture allows without being called a racist? Objecting is the only way to effect change.

 These people are also the ones that have a festival once a year where they torture dogs then kill them then men eat them for their own virility.  That is NOT okay.  And the only way it will be stopped, because clearly the people in that country are not stopping the practice, is for the rest of the world to object and make noise about it.  If thats racism then so be it.  I think this also applies to our own practices in slaughter houses.  And this applies to coal burning in factories.  And mass dolphin killing.  So I am with Bryan Adams....stop eating bats and get rid of wet markets.  Call me a racist, I will still take this stand.

Thanks Sheduntno for your comment.  I read more about Sylvia Browne's predictions and apparently she was wrong a lot.  LOL!!!  But she was also quite right a lot too.  And thanks for the comment on the back yard.  It actually is a pretty plain Jane yard with no landscaping.  I wish there were more flowering bushes and weeping willows!

Well I spent all day yesterday in bed hiding out.  I must admit that I am used to being alone so now and then I need to take a by myself day.  Hopefully no one feels like I am shunning them.  I am not...just taking some time. I put endless episodes of Murdock on and did a whole bunch of writing.  My step counter said I took 32 steps yesterday.  Yikes!!!  Better go for a walk today!

Well it looks like things are lightening up out there Covid wise.  I read that some of the cruise lines are starting up again soon.  I am not too happy about that.  I want my 15,000 bucks back and the only way I will get that is if Holland cancels the cruise.  It is in October so we shall see.  I have made the decision not to leave this house and Port til there is a vaccine.  The cruise line that is considering starting up soon is Norwegian.  But they also said that they would only take on half the customers so there can be distancing and everyone has to wear masks and no buffet.  Are you kidding?  That is NOT cruising.

Plus an interview with the entertainment director stuck on one of their ships has said that there are hundreds of crew stuck there too.  And Norwegian will not allow them above their lower deck.  No windows.  Not allowed out of their room.  Not being put up on the decks where there are windows and balconies.  And they have been there for weeks.  Inhumane!!!  No Norwegian for me in the future thanks!

So I am coming to terms with the fact that I won't leave this house for the next however long it is til a vaccine, no grand kids, no kids, no family, no camping, no shopping.  Maybe a miracle will happen and a vaccine will happen sooner than expected.  Fingers crossed.  Sorry for the kind of down post today.  I need to get my rear in gear and do something to get my mojo going.  Maybe I will cook something.  Yes, I think that is what I will do.  That always cheers me up!  Stay safe Peeps.  Love you all.  TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment