Wednesday, May 27, 2020

THIS IS GETTING TEDIOUS

It's tedious for everybody I know.  I am usually completely happy being home, in my chair, cooking, cleaning, reading, watching endless Murdock, talking to over the deck buddies, bugging poor Graeme, having great convo with Peter....but I am getting antsy finally.  It's only  taken three months!

Yesterday Monte was feeling the same so we hopped into the jeep, took the top off (then promptly froze and had to put the heat on, blowing full blast on us), wandered around the forest and found a wee beautiful lake!  It was totally new to me, he has seen it before.  And discovered a beautiful railroad track that ran right past it.  I walked along the tracks for a while and took pics.  They are still in my camera but as soon as I dump them I shall post some here.

Oh jeez!  I have the news on and I just heard them say, "Don't leave you pet in a hot car."  Honestly, here we go again.  Over and over and over.  I get so tired of hearing this on the news and seeing it on social media.  EVERYBODY already knows people.  If someone is leaving their pet in a hot car its not because they haven't heard the message a thousand times, its because they are stupid and repeating the message a thousand times more isn't going to get them to stop.  Over and over and over.

I made eggplant parmesan two nights ago.  It was beyond delicious!  And Lydia, the Italian chef I PVR, promised me and showed me how easy it is to make.  Well, it's simple if that's what she meant.  But very soon into the process I had to call Monte to help.  It really is a two man job if you are making enough for four people.  I think Lydia's would barely feed one.  It really was worth the work though.  I love eggplant and the recipe I used was stellar.

But there was one casualty in all of it.  My poor kitchen.  Normally when I cook I clean as much as possible as I go.  But when things get intense and kind of hectic, my poor kitchen suffers for it.  This time was really bad.

  I don't have much space.  Now I know I have two daughters that may take exception to that statement.  They really have, by appearance, tiny tiny kitchens it's true.  But I am pretty sure if I took a tape measure to the actual usable counter space I wouldn't be much more than them.  Anyway it was so horrific after the whole affair, I took a picture.  Actually I took pics before and after I cleaned up!  The upside of a small kitchen is the time it takes to clean...not much!

Well its time to face this lovely day.  I wish my fire pit would come so we could go and have a weenie roast somewhere.  Our town is a logging town.  And the logging companies own all the forested land surrounding us.  One by one all the roads we love to wander down are being gated off.  It's beginning to feel like Maui...where they shut off every single possible road off the main road.  Oh well.  Stay safe peeps and TTYL

THE FINAL PRODUCT ON THE RIGHT
COOKING PARTNER IN MAUI..THE APRON WAS ENORMOUS!



THE RECIPE


WHILST THEY COOK



THE FRYING PAN IN THE SINK, A CAST IRON, WAS SO HOT IT MELTED MY SCRUBBIE!!  SEE MY TOASTER OVEN BACK THERE?  BEST THING I EVER BOUGHT FOR A KITCHEN GADGET!  BAKES THE BEST BROWNIES.  




2 comments:

  1. When,don't know when, but when I eventually make it over there, and the day will come! can you make me some brownies in that oven! We can take a drive into the woods, like we did up in Kamloops, eat brownies! Have to dig out that picture, Kevin and Aryn were very young. And I think there were trifids! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen mess looks like my kitchen when I attempt to bake. Brownies!!! So funny! Mom and I were just talking about brownie recipes last week and I haven't thought about brownies in years!!!!

    ReplyDelete