Friday, May 22, 2020

HEALING TRIP

Yesterday afternoon I suggested to Monte that we go for a ride.  I needed geraniums and impatiens and he needed a coffee from Starbucks.  Right near Starbucks is the dollar store...which was open!

So I hopped into the store and bought nine tin foil pans, the right size for my toaster oven, three boxes of brownie mix and a giant bottle of scrub free...antibiotic cleaner, all for 13 bucks.   13!!!!  Can't beat that!!!

We then headed out to Nesgaards and I bought my plants.  They didn't have lobelia so I am still going to have to make a trip out.  The garden is basically complete and Graeme has planted a fence row of sunflowers.  I am planting sweet peas in my garden boxes.  I had to laugh...we went into a garden store to get sweet pea seeds.  I was looking at the spin around thingy side with all the flowers. Monte says "Mom...those are all the flowers."  Yes I know I replied.  Then it dawned on me...he thought it was sweet eating peas!!!!  He was disappointed.   So cute!

In this particular store they have the most extensive dog stuff aisles.  So we went about and bought Wrangler a stuffy with a squeaker..his fave and some salmon skin snacks and a really really long, about three feet, skinny very hard stick looking thing.  It's similar to the one Myles's mom gave him at xmas and he LOVED it.  As we were leaving I asked the sales person what it was.  It's a bull penis tendon.  Holy Hannah!!!!!  A penis that long?  Poor cows I say!

Then we took off, into the wild.  We drove a ways towards Bamfield.  Monte was going to show me the place he and Pete found for weenie roasts and boy! was it a doozy!!!  We drove up a pretty rough logging road to the top of the world and it was absolutely beautiful!  One forgets just how amazing Mother Earth actually is.  The rolling hills, the mossy forest, the tumbling creeks, the irresistible wood and rocks to pick to bring back, the acres and acres of yellow broome, the eagles swooping and crying, a bright red 4x4 truck and a favoured son....you cannot get better than that I tell ya!

I felt like I had climbed to heaven.  With no jets overhead you seriously could not hear one human sound, not one.  You have to seriously hunt for a place that can boast that.  Not one sound of human.  I could have stayed there all day gazing out at the immense vista in front of us, all the way to the Alberni Inlet way off in the distance.  Just to the side of that was a whole hill of solid yellow.  Sigh.  I really need to think of an antonym to shovel list.

Well both my phone and lappy are dying.  Gotta bounce.  Keep safe.  TTYL

MY GLASSES OVER GLASSES GLASSES
They are great except I can't see when they are on.

MMMMM.....CORN....GET IN MY BELLY.....EVENTUALLY

MY FLOWERS

MR. GETTING SKINNY  ONE CARB LESS AT A TIME

A WEE TUMBLING CREEK

OUR WEENIE ROAST VIEW

MY STEAMPUNK PHASE

THE FAR OFF INLET AND YELLOW HILL

OUR WEENIE ROAST FLOWERS

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS

DOES THIS MAKE YOU WANT TO SNEEZE?


No comments:

Post a Comment