Wednesday, April 9, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

It is the middle of the night, almost.  I woke up at three am and there is no way I am going back to sleep.   I think its post menopausal insomnia (shovel list).  Now its quarter to six, the alarm is set for seven so I thought I would post a post before our day got going.

Spod made it home okay the other day.  The kids grabbed the car and took off for a couple of hours, coming home with matching outfits no less!  They garnered a lot of attention in those getups!  We headed off to the luau around three.

Luaus can be good but when they are bad, they are really bad.  I have been to luaus that are badly organized, long long lineups to get in, terrible food and watered down drinks you wait yonks for.  That was not the case with this one.

There was a lot of waiting around to get in, but once we were,  drinks were easy, plentiful and strong.  Our table was a really good one and there wasn't too much of a wait to go get the food.  And the food was delicious….for a buffet.  Poke, salads, awesome chicken, the veggies were baked in guava juice (absolutely delicious) steak, mac salad (with potato salad mixed in, very Hawaiian style), poi, buns (Hawaiian sweet buns with whipped macadamia nut butter) and so on.  Oh, and pit pig…I don't like pit pig much so I didn't take any.

The entertainment was stellar, as usual.  Fire dancers, hula, stories, comedy…really good.  And the setting was spectacular!  Truly truly beautiful. We had a lot of fun!

Yesterday was actually April's birthday.  In the early afternoon we head up to Lahaina.  We dropped the kids off at one end of front street so they could walk and shop.  Spod and I found a little beach we like and relaxed and read.  Eventually we all met at Bubba Gumps for dinner.  Jeez did we have fun!!  The kids had not done much shopping.  They kind of drank and pupued their way down front street.  As a result they were half cut and pretty funny!  We had a blast and a delicious dinner.  Spod drank two enormous huge beers so I stopped after one Georgia Peach ice tea and was able to drive us home.  No Gordon Campbelling for us!

Now today we are heading up to Hana.  I was going to stay home…I know I will be doing the Hana thing with Cookie, and with Monte and with Aryn.  But as the night wore on here I started to get …  not exactly worried but I know its a ten hour day at least and I know me.  Around seven tonite I would start to worry.  I can't help it.  And if they didn't get home until ten I would be freaking out.  So I am going to go with them.  I shall take my book.  We are going to stop in Paia on the way and get sandwiches to take.  We were too tired (or some of us too inebriated) to make our lunches last night.  I shall post tomorrow!  TTYL








DRINKING MY GEORGIA PEACH!!!

WEIRDEST DRINK…THEY UPTURN A CORONA INTO A MARGARITA


YUMMIEST BIRTHDAY CAKE EVER…STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BIG ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE!

ROOTBEER FLOAT…ALCOHOLIZED OF COURSE!

THE VEIW FROM OUR TABLE

2 comments:

  1. great pictures and you're getting so dark Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like the most fabulous. wonderful day anyone could ever have...:-)

    ReplyDelete