Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I KNEW THIS ONE WAS COMING

This week's challenge?  Step up your activity level.  And thats all I am saying about that.

First…we have a new great grand child!  He weighed 9.8 pounds too!!  So this is how it goes:  Spod (William) begat Bill (William) who  begat Billy (William) who just begat the fourth William.  This is so exciting and my congratulations go out to that entire family!!!  I saw pics on fb and he is beautiful!  (thanks Cheryl!)

I am having a great deal of fun going out with Monte.  It kind of reminds me of when Spod and I were in China.  We couldn't go anywhere without being stared at and pictures taken.  People just simply cannot get over how tall and huge he is.  And now that he is all tanned up he looks pretty good!  

Yesterday we spent about three hours out at the pool.  God I love it.  Then we took off towards the lava beds stopping along the way at all our little spots.  It is so beautiful here.  We did finally end out at the lava beds but we didn't take the hike along the beach.  Its like being on a different planet. At home later Monte bbq'ed some animal flesh….mmmmmm…(at least thats what vegetarian's want us to think of big juicy steaks), I made miso asparagus and garlic toast.  Yummy!  Monte went over to the pool for a while.

Today he and Spod moved the futon into the den!  When we get that twin bed into the other room we will be able to sleep hundreds here!!! (thanks Cookie for the awesome idea!)  Our bedroom looks empty.  Earlier today we swam and swam and swam at the pool.  Spod didn't.  We then headed into Costco and loaded up on necessaries.  Tonite was onion soup night.  I threw a load of yummy oxtails into the crockpot this morning, added a whole mess of seasoning and onions this aft.  Its probably the easiest and yummiest dinner one can make!

We went swimming at the pool again tonight for a while.  Now I am tired and I thinks its bedtime.  TTYL
MAKENNA LANDING…WHERE THE SHARK BIT A WOMAN'S HAND…25 FEET FROM SHORE


LOCALS FISHING AT BLACK BEACH

LAVA BEDS

ANOTHER STOP AT AN OUTHOUSE!

3 comments:

  1. Your onion soup is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love the recipe for that onion soup! It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cookie!! Jen…I will message it to you on fb!

    ReplyDelete