Thursday, April 3, 2014

VERY WEIRD DAY, KIND OF

So, not much sleep last night.  Spod was up at two rummaging about in the kitchen getting himself a cup of coffee.  Its not the noise that wakes me up but the smell of the coffee.  Its really hard to get back to sleep.  At about four he was up again, making another coffee.  Twenty minutes later April and Myles got up to go up Haleakala to see the sunrise.  I was so impressed with them!  I gave up at this point and simply got up.  I sat on the lanai until the sky lightened and it became light enough to read.  

Somewhere in there I got a text from a very unhappy April.  They took a wrong turn somewhere along the way and ended up far away from the volcano.  They totally missed the sunrise.  Spod in the meantime came out with yet another coffee and sat with me on the lanai.  April and Myles arrived back a little later, after having breakfast somewhere and hiking up the Iao Needle Park.  Myles had a snooze and then we all went to the pool.  It was hot as blazes out.  Spod didn't stay too long but the rest of us swam and played.  

April and Myles took off again and had a most awesome splendiferous day.  Up to Makawao and then kind of all over the place and had dinner in Paia.  They came home so happy and very tired.

Meanwhile back in Spodville, he told me this morning his chest was hurting. And he felt pukey. He didn't want to go see a doctor or anything but I kept an eye on him.  Around dinner time we were sitting out on the lanai when he suddenly started to puke.  I ran and got him a bucket.  This is very much like what happened to him in Hong Kong.  I am beginning to think it wasn't food poisoning but something else is going on.
TAKEN FROM THE LANAI…THIS IS WHAT THE KIDS MISSED THIS MORNING


RARELY DO YOU SEE THE MOUNTAIN THIS CLEAR
 He doesn't feel sick otherwise.  And he doesn't have other symptoms of heart trouble.  I am wondering if his continuous high sugar levels have caused some nerve damage in his tummy and his food is not digesting properly.  It happens, I know thanks to a very informative book a wonderful person recommended to me.  (Thanks Karen).  I wish we were in North Vancouver and I could take him to see our old Doc.  He won't go to one here willingly because of the cost.  But if he gets worse I shall override him and call an ambulance.  This is a man who has basically never been sick a day in his life.  I am worried.  Poor Spoddy.

I shall post here again tomorrow.  TTYL

2 comments:

  1. I am with you on that one! If it happens again, he should definitely see a Dr.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! You tell him if it happens again he WILL go...we ALL say so. Bless his heart. We will be thinking of him and hoping the situation resolves.

    ReplyDelete