Friday, April 4, 2014

HE WILL LIVE…MAYBE

He is still so sick.  I don't know what has hit him.  He feels 'punk' as he puts it and will suddenly start puking.  I wish he would go see a doctor.  As a result he and I are staying home for the duration..which frees the car up for April and Myles.  And they have been having a blast!

They left yesterday around 11 and headed out to Big Beach.  From what they told me the waves were huge and somewhat scary…but they still went in and swam and got knocked around and had a great time.  Myles met (pre arranged) a surfer dude who had some skim boards for sale…but it turned out to be a no go.

They ended up in a pupu (appies) place having a few drinks etc.  When they got home Myles was sober and April WAS NOT!!  She was talking a mile a minute and so funny.  Then something happened that I debated about even writing it here.  Only because Cookie is reading this and I am afraid she might not want to sleep in the spare room after I tell this.  But…we know now it is totally safe and ready for her.

Yesterday, as I sat in my chair doing things on my lappy, three times I caught movement out of the corner of my eye.  It was always at the left edge of my laptop.  But when I would quickly glance over and move the screen, nothing would be there.  I put it down to my wonky eye.

Then….that evening, after the kids were home and Spod was in bed, I was watching tv and there it was!!  A very fat, round ear mouse, waddled down the hallway and into the den, under the door.  I leapt up and went and looked at the bottom of the door and it came back out but when it saw me ran right back under.  I freaked.  I HATE vermin!!!  (shovel list)

I ran and banged on the kid's door and April came out.  Now, April is fearless.  She was determined to catch it and keep it.  Out they came and the hunt was on.  I stayed in my chair with the foot rest up. At one point though I did go in, they couldn't find it.  And as I stood there the blasted thing ran right over my foot.  JEEZ!!  I let out a very unrecognizable noise that didn't sound human and bolted back to my chair.

Suddenly it ran out of the den and along the wall behind the couch.  That was it.  I was off to the other side of the condo and up onto a chair.  They hunted and hunted..to no avail.  Finally they had to leave…they were going for a pool swim and the pool was closing in 15 minutes.

So I moved back to my chair in the living room and watched.  And pretty soon out it came and ran into the kitchen pantry cupboard.  I dashed over and slammed the door shut and got a towel and blocked the space under the door…and then kept watch.  When April got back she very slowly opened the door and found the little guy in the bag holding the onions and potatoes.  She took it way outside and released it into the wild.  Its very rare to see a mouse here.  And after I told her they bite and may have rabies (not) she decided to not keep it.  Now we keep all the doors and screens tightly shut.  No more vermin and Cookie doesn't have to worry!

Now its the middle of the morning. I think I may go over to the pool in a while and do some walking and pooling.  I love it there.  At least I do when the guys are not doing yard stuff.  The machines, really loud ones, start at 8 in the morning and don't quit til about noon.  They are so loud and noisy and disturbing.  I think I will wait until they are done.  TTYL

1 comment: