Wednesday, April 16, 2014

RED MOON

What red moon?  We were out both nights and didn't see anything but a huge brilliant full moon.  We NEVER see what we are supposed to in the sky.  I don't know how many times we have sat outside at inhospitable times, places and climate watching for space stations, space shuttles, comets, eclipses, falling stars…to no avail.  This sky gazing activity is slowly moving up my shovel list.

We hit Lahaina again yesterday late afternoon.   Our first stop was at Barnes &Noble.  I am not a huge fan of virtual reading when I need to take things to read to the beach etc.  And Costco, where we usually buy our books, has a truly awful selection here in Maui.  And Walmart doesn't even have a book section here.  Maybe Maui peeps don't read.  So off to the book store.  We spent some time in there and we all bought books to read.  Then it was off to Front street.

 Cook and I discovered our favourite little jewelry store that closed a year or so ago, had reopened.  We spent some time (and money) in there, visiting with Kim the older lady that owns it and picking up a couple of lovely little baubles.  Then we had to go get Spod out of the car and book it down to Kimos for dinner.

And we had so much fun there!  April and Myles had got started with the cocktails in one of their fave little spots and we all joined in at Kimos.  Plus, we had yet another lovely dinner.  Cook and I just ordered a couple of pupus…I think we were still a little full from Mamma's the night before.

When we got home we had a semi dance party.  (semi because not ALL of us danced)  Both Myles and April donned appropriate Hawaiian attire and we watched them rap and twerk.  April had a giant grass skirt on and it was pretty fascinating watch that grass shake and jiggle.  This morning I swept up enough grass to make a bale of hay!  

Now its early, only Cook is up and the kids leave tonite at 10:30.  Thank God Cook is here or I would be descending into an awful funk.  I don't like it when they leave…its hard.  Fortunately Monte is coming two days after Cook leaves, and Aryn and Bradley come one week after he leaves.  So I have timed all of this to MY needs I must say!

Anyway, we still don't know what the kids want to do today.  I have dinner planned here for tonite and we will need to leave by 7:30 to get them to the airport.  I am so going to miss them..they have been a total delight to have here.  TTYL
CONTEMPLATING THE WAVES


CHEAP HAPPY HOUR

SUN IN THE EYES

AWWWW…MY HERO

MMMMM……KIMOS

LAST YEAR, NOT THINKING ABOUT IT, I ACCIDENTALLY ORDERED THE 32 OZ PRIME RIB….THATS A FULL TWO POUNDS….WHEN IT ARRIVED I ALMOST DIED OF EMBARRASSMENT…IT LOOKED LIKE HALF A DEAD COW ON MY PLATE…I TOOK IT HOME AFTER EATING ABOUT 1/10TH OF IT AND WE MADE THREE MORE MEALS OUT OF IT.

HAPPY BOY

THE SUN WAS WRECKING MY BAD EYE!

BIT MY TONGUE

SPOD'S ONO DINNER


EATING HER PUPU

OH GOD!!  THOSE TWO…AND THEY ARE RED BECAUSE THEY ARE BURNED!

YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN HER TWERKING

YOU SHOULD SEE THE VIDEO I HAVE OF THEM SINGING TO HIS UKELELE PLAYING

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha...I enjoyed all of those pictures so much. That sunset picture gorgeous, you look so healthy and tan...Bill looks so relaxed...and April is adorable as always.

    ReplyDelete