Sunday, April 27, 2014

WHY CAN'T HE REMEMBER?

We had a lovely day yesterday which I will recount briefly in a moment.  But right now I have a rant….about a certain person that cannot seem to ever learn anything by rote…or remember something he needs to do EVERY SINGLE MORNING!  And he still manages to forget.

Spod, yet again, forgot to put in his hearing aids.  I kind of made a vow a while ago..which I shared loudly with him, that when he wasn't wearing his hearing aids I would speak to him only when absolutely necessary, not a word more.  And thats because I have to yell and that reminds me way too much of my mother talking to Deaf Bob…I do not want to be THAT person.  (shovel list)

So yesterday we headed off to Lahaina to walk front street and then do dinner at Bubba Gumps…which is turning out to actually be our favourite restaurant.  Spod drove there and Monte drove back.  I sat in the back seat both ways. 

 As we headed out, just a bit too far to turn back, I noticed Spod did not have his ears in.  Oh jeez!  How can one not remember something one has to do every single damn day!!!!  But…and now I am suspicious, when we were at the parking lot retrieving the car, Monte and I stood way over far from  our spot, which was tight, to wait for Spod to back the car out.  Far away.  And Monte pizzied just before Spod got into the car.  And he yelled back to us, "Blister!  Was that you?"  WTH!!??  He heard that!  Selective deafness I say!

Monte and I spent about an hour at the pool in the morning and then he went back to the condo…too hot out and he was burning.  I stayed out there for another 2 hours, floating around.  The pool is soooo warm and delicious…I could live in it!  And now I am brown enough I don't burn.  I LOVE that pool. I am already feeling sad about when I have to leave it in two months!

Whilst I was out there Spod and Monte went for a drive and had lunch at Carl's Jr.  They had a look around Kihei and Monte got the lay of the land.  Last night we had such a delicious and interesting dinner at Bubba's.  What a fun place to go and really, I think the food there is the best, at least so far, that we have found.  Shrimp mac and cheese, crab stuffed shrimp, coconut shrimp, New Orleans shrimp, strawberry shortcake…mmmmmm!

And then…we were all in bed by 8:30!!  And we were actually tired enough!  What a bunch of weenies.  Now its eight in the morning, I have been up since five and I am waiting for the pool to open.  Heading over there again…can't wait.  TTYL
AN INTRODUCTION TO HOOKIPA POINT (TURTLE BEACH)



AN INTRODUCTION TO COLLEEN'S CANNERY AND THEIR MASSIVE FISH AND CHIPS

SERIOUSLY!  GROSS

MONTE ISN'T THE ONLY BANJO PLAYER AROUND

PICKING HIS DINNER AT BUBBA'S

I USED THE RETOUCH BUTTON AND WIPED OUT HORRIBLE FROWN LINES

OUR VIEW

SURE

EVERY WHERE WE WENT PEOPLE WOULD STARE AT MONTE AND WE COULD HEAR THEM SAYING THINGS LIKE 'BOY HE IS BIG!'  THE HAWAIIANS LOVE BIG SO HE FITS RIGHT IN HERE AND IS COMPLETELY RESPECTED AND ACCEPTED.  MONTE NEVER LIKED ATTENTION SO THIS IS GOOD FOR HIM!  WE NEED TO TAKE HIM TO ASIA!  HAHAHAHAHA!  THEY WOULD FREAK!





No comments:

Post a Comment