Friday, May 12, 2017

DID THE MATH

Well I did the math and have come to the conclusion that I can't in all good conscience continue to live in this house.  It's 1500 square feet too big.  I just don't need all that footage (which is very expensive in this town when it comes to property taxes).  I also do not need a yard.  I do not want to grow a garden.  I don't want to mow.  I don't want to shovel snow.  I don't want to figure out the stupid automatic sprinkler system.  yadda yadda yadda.  (all those are on my shovel list).

I went on realtor.ca today and there are a zillion townhouses for sale.  Thats where I am headed!  And after I put in three bedrooms, two bathrooms, the first thing I look at when I click on one is how big the dining room is.  If it isn't at least fifteen by twelve I don't even look.  Or I look to see if the dining room is open to the living room.  As long as I can use my seven foot dining table then that place is a contender.  Its been fun looking.  I wouldn't mind having a view but it isn't mandatory.  I know I am moving downhill though.  I do NOT like the weather up here.  Its too windy and cold.  Oh, and I want a garage.  First one I have had that I could drive into and there's no going back!

But alas! there is lots to do before I can list.  The painting has to be finished, wall nicks to be fixed, and a whole lot of junk to get rid of...again.  Anne mentioned that she has a handy man that I could hire for the painting and fixing.  And I think I am going to start parking Tank outside and I am going to start filling the garage with all the necessary stuff to get rid of.  Major purge...again.  Then when the garage is full I shall either rent a truck and haul it away or hire a junk hauler to take it all.

Behind my chair there have been three boxes full of crap, papers, cords, trip goodies, bills, receipts etc...  Finally today I hauled them out, sorted it all out and filed, put away and garbaged the whole lot.  What a good feeling!

Now I am getting the stuff together for a cheesy broccoli impossible pie and heading down to Kathy's.  We are having dinner with friends there and then off to a play down at Heritage House.  I'm looking forward to this particular play.  More about that tomorrow!  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment