Sunday, May 28, 2017

YUMMY GORGEOUS BIG BLACK DUDES

Adopt a Grad.  Thats what its called.  We, the Kiwanians, were helping the lady that usually does the program this year.  After hanging a zillion beautiful gowns and a bunch of snazzy tuxedos and sorting a million shoes, we snafooed a room at the university and set up a little changing area, made appointments, and we were in business.

What fun we had!  Although it was a ton of work! Each girl that came in would try on at minimum fifteen dresses.  The room would look chaotic by the time one little person was finished!  We would put together an outfit complete with shoes and on their way they would go.  We would have just enough time between visits to hang all the dresses back up and put all the shoes back in their proper bins.  The fun part was watching the girls parade in front of the mirror in all the finery!

I would take breaks down in the giant lounge.  We were in the residence building.  And, whilst sitting down there for a half hour break, a huge amount of gorgeous black, and an occasional white, very very large men were arriving and and milling about and sitting on the couches where I was.  One was bouncing a basketball...so I figured a basketball camp of some sort.  They were very friendly and chitchatted...........about Kamloops and the heat etc....  I found out tonight they belonged to the BC Lions!!!!  I guess they are holding their training camp here in Kamloops.

Well my house is getting a titch emptier.  Closet by closet, cupboard by cupboard I am going to make this house echo.  There is a lot of detritus I needed  left over from having Monte and his entourage here.  Those are things I don't need anymore.  A ten pound bag of pancake mix, ten boxes of half eaten cereal, boxes and boxes of crackers, coconut milk cans (shovel list), shake and bake...boxes of it, bags of split peas for pea soup, I could go on for pages.  Unopened stuff can go to the food bank, the rest out to the garbage.

I see that there are a lot of food blogs out there.  I read some of them but I don't know, as much as I love to cook, they don't interest me enough to actually religiously read them.  But I was thinking, that if a particularly yummy recipe or product enters my life, I will report it on here.  Plus, I have not forgotten to do a pic update tomorrow...(shovel list).

So I shall end this with my latest product discovery.  Its only sold at Safeway and I didn't buy this.  Graeme did so don't blame me.  And I just had a tiny bit...but it was enough to let me know I was eating something special.  Its a sherbet.  Saskatoon and Blueberry juice sherbet.  Try it!  Its magical!  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment