Wednesday, May 10, 2017

TRYING SOMETHING DIFFERENT

I am going to try something different here.  I am going to blog a little every day and then post when its the right length.  So much time goes by so fast. It feels like I posted yesterday but when I look its been four or five days!

SORRY, NO MATTER WHAT I DO THE PICS GET SCATTERED THROUGH THE DIALOGUE.  I HATE BLOGSPOT.  YOU WILL SEE AS YOU READ ON WHY I POSTED THESE PICS OF THE TERRA COTTA WARRIORS


THIS WAS ON THE YANGTZE RIVER BOAT...THATS SHERRI AND YOU CAN JUST SEE MY DEAR FRIEND DEAN IN THE BACKGROUND
WE WERE AT A RESTAURANT FAMOUS FOR PEKING DUCK.  THAT IS DEAN ON THE LEFT AND MY BILLY BOY NEXT.
A VERY LAZY PANDA EATING LYING DOWN
THE LONG HALLWAY ON THE RIVER BOAT
THE VERY LONG RICKETY WALK ON A TIPPY VERY NARROW WHARF WITH NO SIDES OUT TO THE BOAT
HEADING INTO THE GORGE
I am going to start calling April, Rusty.  When she was a baby and it was clear she was going to be a ginger, due to Bill being 56 and me 36, everyone called her Rusty cuz we were so old.  I was telling her that today and I told her I was going to start calling her that on facebook.  I call Aryn Arnie, so I am sure I can start peeps calling April, Rusty.  It suits her!

SEE THAT RED HAIR?  SHE WAS 12 MONTHS OLD HERE


Now I have to see if I can get this to type properly after adding a picture in the middle of things.

The most awesome invitation came my way last night.  I got invited (thats not the most exciting one) down to Kathy's for dinner and a 'watch the election' night.  First she and I drove out to Raleigh to pick up Ainsley.  On the way she told me that they and a couple of friends were booking a Chinese China/Yangtze river cruise for February 2018.  And she asked if I would like to join them!!!!!! Yes yes and yes!!!  I am so excited!!!  I just finished reading the whole itinerary and looked up every hotel, site and the river boat we would be on.

Every hotel is five star and there's nothing more lush and rich than a Chinese five star hotel!  I have already been to some of the sites and places, some of them several times, but my fave travel is going back to places.  And the new ones are so interesting.  Rice terraces!!!  And maybe this time the fog won't keep me from seeing the dam, which has been at the top of my bucket list forever.  It was a huge disappointment not to see it last trip because of heavy fog.  Now, waiting.  Thats the hard part!!!

Rusty, hahaha, is heading up to Prince George with her friend Eithne.  Eithne is moving back to North Van and needs to go up and get more of her stuff.  So Rusty will accompany her and then they are coming here for Saturday night.  They will have to leave fairly soon on the sunday but I will have a least one of my kids here for part of Mother's day.  I am busy in the afternoon anyway.  Us Kiwanians (good english eh?) are feeding a horde of people Sunday afternoon down at a church down town...and I mean a horde...150 - 200.  

Anywhooo, I am going to post this now.  I am going to throw in a couple a pics from our Yangtze trip.  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment