Monday, May 8, 2017

INTO THE BUSH WE WENT!

My brother arrived late Friday afternoon.  And very unlike me, I had no food in the house whatsoever.  So I order a whack of Chinese food.  It was delicious and was a good accompaniment for our very long catch up visit.  We got to bed about 11.

The next morning, after another delicious meal of cold chinese food for breakfast, we hopped into Tank and headed into the bush above Knutsford.  Stan is a forestry contractor, road engineer, bridge builder etc... and he has a contract way up in that area.  He wanted to check the condition of the roads.  And as my facebook readers have already seen, and I will post a couple of pics below, the roads were in interesting condition.  At first I wouldn't let him drive.  He's kind of a cowboy and scares hell out of me.  But eventually I gave over.

We called an old friend who happens to live a zillion miles out past Westsyde on a ranch and invited ourselves for coffee.  So out we went.  One thing that is happening here right now is flooding, but more noticeably roads are being undermined where the culverts can't handle the amount of runoff.   We had to duck around caved out roads.  It was fun.

 We had a lovely cup of coffee with Jim, walked around his beautiful ranch and had a great visit.  We took the McClure cable ferry over to the highway on the way home.  We had originally intended on going on up to Barrier to the highway but the road was completely closed due to a washout.

We went home for a cold chinese food appetizer (well he did, if I did that I wouldn't be hungry for dinner ...shovel list) and a rum and coke (well he did, if I did that I wouldn't be able to drive....shovel list) and then headed off to Harolds for dinner.

Harolds was picked because thats where Mom and Bob always went.  They serve good old old schooly food.  But that is also one of the restaurants that Monte and I had crossed off our list because they serve way way way too much food.  And I hate bringing food home.  And I equally hate leaving good food on the plate.

We took the Rose Hill road over to Valleyview.  What a beautiful drive.  And we had a delish dinner.  He had liver and onions, he let me have a taste and it was delicious...the liver wasn't mushy. I do not like mushy liver.  I had fish and veggies.  Yes Anonymous, I stuck to plan as best I could!!!  And thanks for keeping me accountable...I need that.  We were off to bed early, tired puppies we were.

Stan hit the road by nine.  He and Antonia are off to England today.  I am so jealous.

A funny thing happened way out in the bush.  We had been out there for some time, very far away from everything.  My phone rang.  It was Kamloops Florists, the best florists in town by far, to tell me that they had tried to deliver flowers and I wasn't home.  So they tucked them in behind my bench in a safe spot.  He was just phoning to make sure I was going home that day.  

Well I wracked my brain six ways to seven trying to figure out why I would be getting flowers!  It isn't my birthday or Mother's day.  It just didn't make sense.  A mystery!  And then when we got home I had totally forgotten that phone call. So what a surprise when I opened the door to go for dinner and there they were, the most beautiful basket of flowers you ever saw!!!!  I shall post a pic below.

Now if I was really mean, actually I AM really a mean person, but I try very hard to suppress that side of me (not), I would not tell you who or why the flowers came and tell you to tune in to the next post for the info, just to get you all to come back...sort of like those  stupid tv shows and their commercials.  But I won't....hahahahaha!

They were from my beautiful and immensely thoughtful daughters....for Bill's and my anniversary!!!  May 6!!  I always forget and Aryn always remembers!!!!  Two years ago there was a knock at the door and it was Aryn and granddog!  Only here for a few hours but those were superb hours I must say.  These flowers are amazing and brought me to tears I will admit.

I went to Safeway yesterday afternoon and stocked up on salads and meats and veggies.  Healthy eating it is.  I took a pic of myself too like I said I would be doing.  Different shirt though.  Okay this is getting too long.  TTYL

I DON'T KNOWWHY BUT THIS STUPID BLOGSPOT THROWS RANDOM PICS  IN WITH MY  CHOICES.  MONTE HOLDING THE LITTLE OUTFIT HE CAME HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL IN

THE ORIGINAL PURPLE ROOM

GOOD LORD!  A PIC I TOOK IN SKAGWAY
THE AWESOME PAT AND ANGIE...YEARS AGO

FORDING CREEKS WITH TANK


GOT ROYALLY STOPPED


THE MCCLURE FERRY ON THE RIVER



MY BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS 


JIM IRVING AND STAN

FAT ME.  NICE OUTFIT EH?

1 comment:

  1. Love your writings and pics. Happy anniversary. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete