Sunday, March 11, 2012

24/7

I don't think it is normal for two people to be together 24/7.  After a while the person you are with drives you crazy and I know for a fact I am driving him crazy.  We both are trying to lose weight, exercise more and keep the place clean.  This is a recipe for disaster and.....bless him, he has reached that age where if I yell or get mad all I can see in my mind is that commercial for elder abuse....you know, that one where she is all yelling and flapping her arms around and the old guy is just standing there obviously not mentally keeping up with what she is yelling.  There...I vented and now I feel better.

We purchased another trip.  I think Bill is feeling like he needs to do this now rather than later.  I know when his sister clearly told him these words after she had been sick, "Do it now.  There may not be a later." he took it totally to heart.  He often mentions those words and I think he feels his later is coming sooner than he likes.  So our next year looks like this:

April 15thish.....Beijing, Yangtze River and Cruise home through Japan Korea china and Russia and Alaska.  Home on the 19th of May

July 1 Dover, Ireland, Scotland, Shetland Island, Faroe Island, Iceland, Greenland and back to dover.  We loved it so much we are going back.  Home the end of July.

August/September back to Maui.  During two weeks in Sept. April and her friends are coming over!!!

Home for Christmas...I learned that one last Christmas!

January 2013 Singapore, Vietnam, Cambodia and a week in Hong Kong.

Then we will be going back to Maui when Cookie and Brian can make it there, probably Feb. March.

Today we are off to find lights.  We have our lovely friend Elliott and crew coming to put in proper stairs outside and to fix a few things in the house.  At the same time we will have him change four lights in the house.  We seriously need to get rid of those awful track lights that you can't change the bulb without a suction thingy.  We lose our religion every time its change light time.

We do have one here that we tried to install a while back.  Bill and I have always changed our own light fixtures, but we realized that was not a particularly a good idea anymore.

We got the stool we always used and he climbed up with me standing below with all appropriate tools. He started to take the old light down but kept getting dizzy.  He would not get down, he just hollered at me to hold his legs.  So I go over to the counter and put down all the tools and go back and put my arms around his legs.  Well that sort of worked out....with a lot of swaying, scary moments and yelling at me.  Anyway, he managed to get it off.

Now he got another stool for me to stand on and got the new light up and ready to wire.  At this point I am to climb up the stool and hold the whole damn thing up against the ceiling whilst he screws and twists.  I bring up a valid point..."Who is going to hold you steady?"  He yelled at me.  So I climbed up, just to remember I have a bum arm, its been bad for about a year and I can't lift it above my shoulder.  So I hold the light with my other arm, which, due to lack of use and exercise and about ten pounds of fat, promptly tired out and started seizing.  I simply could not hold that light up.

It fell.  It broke.  He yelled.  He almost fell.  And now we don't do our own lights anymore.  Fat and age are a bitch.

So, its a random pic day again.  I will try to be more regular about blogging.  Its just that NOTHING of interest happens when we are home here.  NOTHING!  TTYL

 I ENVY HER HAIR!!  I LOVE IT
 MISTY MORNING ON THE DANUBE

 MY FAVOURITE CLAMATIS
 MORE HAIR ENVY....SO WHAT WAS IN THE BOX JAN????
 THE BOTTOM OF THE HUMUNGOUS EIFFEL TOWER
 HEAVY DISCUSSIONS

 AN AWESOME PATRIOTIC TATTOO
 MY MOTHER, UNKNOWINGLY, WAS GIVEN A PINIS SHAPED POPSICLE BY A NAUGHTY GRANDDAUGHTER
 I LIKE MY BREAKFAST TO SMILE AT ME
 DONKEY OR TAXI? HMMMM...THE DONKEY GOT THERE FIRST
 PINNING WISHES ON THE WALL OF MOTHER MARY'S FINAL RESTING HOUSE
 APRIL IS GOING TO PAINT THIS NEXT

No comments:

Post a Comment