Monday, March 26, 2012

FAT LADY STORE AND WALMART AND LUNCHES

Great weekend and a great day today.  Monte was here and I cooked up a storm of food for him to take home.  I made a whole Costco pack of ground beef into the biggest giantest pot of spaghetti ever.  Cookie, who was over for dinner Sat night, packaged it all up in zip lock bags for him to take home.  I also stuffed and roasted three chickens, of which one was bundled up into Monte's hockey bag too.  I made a massive beef roast/yorkshire dinner for Sat. night and he took those leftovers as well.  He told me that he had been bragging to his Port friends about my spaghetti and stuffing and couldn't wait to get them over to taste it.  Ahhhh, I feel like a real mom now....sending food off to the away kid.

Today was a weird eclectic day.  We left really early this morning for the Chinese Visa Centre to pick up our passports.  Easy peasy and fast.  We sat in the car for a minute in the parking lot afterwards just enjoying the fact that we were dressed, out and about already and no obligations...we could do whatever we wanted for the day.  So, after the initial "we are free" glow wore off a little it dawned on us that in actual fact we had nowhere to go.  Not really.  Costco?  Nope, didn't need anything.  Breakfast somewhere?  Nope, trying not to eat.  Shopping?  Nope, no room for anything.  Walk around Rice Lake? Nope, its pouring rain.  Jeez!

So I said that I could do with a stop at the fat lady store to check out new shirts.  So he said Okay, I will stay in the car and listen to the radio.  Off we went.

In the store there was only one other person shopping and two ladies (whom I know really well now) working.  I visited and meandered and looked and found a top that, just by looking at it, I could tell it would look good on.  You can just tell. And it wasn't even ever my type, believe me.  As I was looking at it one of the clerks came over and said, "I see you found my favourite shirt!"  And she had it on, and it looked amazing.  Her shape was completely different than mine but it seemed to be that kind of shirt, like the travelling pants in that movie.  The magic shirt!  So I tried it on and it looked fantastic!

When the other shopper saw this and heard us, she decided to try it on too.  She was really enormous, much bigger than the two of us but guess what?  It looked fantastic on her too.  So the other clerk decided to try it too and she looked fantastic.  So we all stood in a row in front of the big mirror, all wearing THAT shirt, laughing and we all looked good.  How does that happen?  I will take a pic and put it here.

We then went to Walmart and I found my favourite underwear!!!  You will never know what that means to a fat broad!  I am content with my day.

 THEY GET TO SLICK THE PAN AT THE END OF A ROAST DINNER
 LOOKS LIKE HELL HERE BUT THIS IS THE MAGIC SHIRT.  CRAZY WILD PRINT FOR ME.  I DON'T WEAR PRINTS BUT I AM TRYING TO BRANCH OUT.

 I THOUGHT THESE LOOKED SAILORISH.  ITS GOING TO BE TOUGH WEARING A PATTERN.  I WILL FEEL DISTRACTED AND DISEASED

 THE LITTLE ONE ALWAYS WINS IN THE END!
 WE MET ARYN AT WHOLE FOODS TO SMELL AND TRY STINKY CHEESES THE OTHER DAY.
 WE ALSO CHECKED OUT EVERYTHING ELSE


 THEN WE WENT UPSTAIRS TO MILESTONES AND HAD AN AWESOME VIRGIN DRINK OF SOME KIND AND THEIR DELICIOUS PRIME RIB HASH WITH POACHED EGGS
We also met April at Noodle House for lunch today.  I love having lunch with her.  She loves to eat and she has stories and she is funny.  Now we are home and sitting in front of our lap tops watching Judge Judy, the bitch!!!  Good day!!  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment