Sunday, March 18, 2012

I SHOULD LISTEN TO MY MESSAGES

I never listen to my messages.  In fact the only reason the answering machine is on is because I accidentally pushed the button that turned it on.  I noticed that the little red light was flashing and the only way to get rid of it is to play the messages and delete as I went.

And alas!!!  About the second or third one in was a message from my awesome dentist office.  I completely and totally forgot and missed an appointment yesterday.  I feel so bad.  They are the most amazing dental team one could want and they just don't deserve this.  I shall be calling them Monday with huge apologies.  And, just a side note, not one call from Wiggins!!  Yet.

Yesterday I had promised April I would go futon hunting with her.  She shops like I do.  Find store.  Zip in and do a ten second scan or ask immediately if they have what we are looking for.  If its no leave immediately and go to next place.  We drove out to United Blvd., furniture row, and stopped at United , the cheapest of them all.  I kept the car running and in April went.  Within 30 seconds she was back out and beckoning me in.

Within five minutes we bought the perfect futon, dirt freaking cheap.  The lovely Iranian sales boy LIKED her!  And he gave her 100 dollars off an already stupidly cheap price!  Whilst we were waiting for the paper work we found this immense huge fun chair and took pics of us sitting in it.  April and Andrew are taking the truck to the warehouse today to pick it up.  I love fast shopping!

On the way home right near first ave. on the freeway she suddenly shouted "Bosas!!!!!  Lets go to Bosas!!!"  She had heard about Bosa's from us but had never been there.  So I swerved off the freeway and after a few deadends (not the easiest place to find) we got there.  Oh what a place!!  If you are even slightly a foodie this place is a must for you.  They have every kind of olive oil, vinegars, olives, cheeses, salamis, cooking utensils, coffees, crackers, pastas, dishes, pots and pans, frozen goods, baking, canolis,  pestos, fish, and on and on and on.  We had so much fun in there and the Italian boy that was giving out taste tests of the canolis fell in love with April.  Its so much fun shopping with her!!  The boys love her and I get to brag about how I made her!  Reminds me of when she and I were in Venice and Turkey.  The guys LOVED her!!!!

Then later after making the most amazing sandwiches (pics below) from the goodies we bought, we all piled into the Hersy Squirt and went down to Cap Mall.  When we got back Granddog (Sadie) whom we are doggie sitting this week end, had a veritable hay day picnic throughout our house.  We haven't had a lab for a very long time and forgot what pigs they are and how they have uncontrollable need to eat above all else in life.  By the time she was through she had eaten a bag of doritos, a bag of Marlin Jerky, a whole bag of Cobb's sourdough bread and half a box of timbits.  She got into the kids cupboard downstairs.  Then she took a dump on the basement hall floor.  Andrew said he knows the difference between the three dogs poops and this was definitely Granddog's.  Jeez and I just don't have the heart to give her hell.  She is such a character!!!

Enough now.  There is a day to start here and I am way behind starting it!!!  TTYL




 MONTE TOOK THIS PICTURE...AMAZING.  HE WAS ON THE SEAWALL IN STANLEY PARK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
 ELISE....SHE IS THE CUTEST LITTLE GIRL EVER!
 OUR SANDWICHES GETTING READY TO BE GEORGE FORMANNED
 APRIL MANNING THE GRILL








1 comment:

  1. Those sandwiches look frickin' amazing! I want to eat them! and your chair pics are awesome! You look like you have lost a lot of weight! better then juicing!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete