Saturday, March 3, 2012

GOOD OLD PORT ALBERNI!

On Thursday we arrived in Port Alberni around 7:30 pm.  As we pulled up to Monte's place I saw one of his friends out on his front porch having a smoke.  I was a little disappointed as I wasn't really in the mood to meet any of his friends right away.  I hopped out of the truck and walked in his back door and to my great shock and joy Ted from Bamfield and Pat were standing there.  I almost cried I was so happy to see them!!  Apparently Monte spotted them on a street out there on his way home from somewhere and flagged them down.  They took Monte out to dinner and then came here to surprise us.  It was so good to see them and visit for a long while, catching up on the Needham and Bamfield news.  Things like Rod Dyck the guy that built our house has lung cancer and is dying.  Pretty much everyone we knew has moved or died or something.  The town seems to have died as well.  Pretty sad.  But it was great to see them and hug Ted again.

We didn't do much yesterday but shop at Walmart.  Good old walmart.  Always good for at least an hour or two.  Last night we had dinner here at Monte's and lazed around.  He is writing some music for a video game someone is writing so we left early enough to give him some time.  It has to be done by Monday.

Today we took off up the Bamfield road looking for a place to burn a load of sensitive garbage we brought from home.  All that paper plus crap Bill stuffed into suitcases and boxes was full of bank statements, letters, personal correspondence and a whole box of Bob shit.  His passport, birth certificate, poetry he wrote, paintings, pictures, pipes, his bong (yes his bong), journals etc...  I let his family know I had it all and if they wanted it to get hold of me.  They didn't.  So burn it up I say.  And burn it we did.

We also blew up an aerosol can, by accident.  When I threw all that crap out I had no idea that we would be burning it.  I haven't seen Bill jump that high that fast in a long time!!!

 YOU HAVE TO PAY FIRST FOR GAS.  BILL WENT IN AND PAID AND GOT A COFFEE ETC.  WITH MONTE AND I THEN WENT OUT AND WE ALL GOT IN AND ALMOST DROVE OFF WITHOUT GASING UP!  HE FELT PRETTY FOOLISH.



 IT LOOKS MESSY BUT IT WAS ALL BURNED AND CLEAN WHEN WE LEFT.


 GOODBYE CRAP
 MY FAVOURITE BRIDGE....BUT ITS SO HIGH UP AND I GET VERTIGO SO I COULDN'T GET A GOOD PICTURE
 CHINA CREEK MARINA AREA


Tonite we are taking Eric, Monte's friend, and us out to dinner.  Its a place called Pescaderos.  Apparently they make the best mexican food in the WHOLE world.  Mmmmmmmm beans and rice.  Monte says that you can get breakfast all day and one of the things you can get is Mexican Eggs Benedict,  the bottom is johnny cake, then chorizo, then jalapenos, then poached eggs topped with hollandaise and it all comes with hashbrowns.  A long way from the crab cake low fat ones we made in Hawaii!!  All I can say is its a good thing I'm back to juicing next week!  I will report tomorrow on how good it was!  TTYL


1 comment: