Tuesday, May 7, 2013

DOCTORS CAMERAS AND ALASKA AND ANNIVERSARIES

It was doctor day yesterday morning.  Always a pain, but this time I really didn't have much to tell him. The problem I had with my face swelling disappeared, but I went in anyway, he gets paid that way.  So I had a great little visit with him...I was telling him about the damage to my right eye from looking through the view finder of my dslr camera.  He promptly pulled a tiny tiny camera, 10 pixels, 3X zoom from his pocket and showed it to me.  I was so impressed that when we left the office we drove straight to London Drugs and bought one....99 bucks.  It will be great for those times I just don't want or need the big boy hanging off my right hand.  And...it fits in my wallet.
SMALLER THAN A CREDIT CARD

I JUST NOTICED..MY ARM SKIN IS LOOKING OLD!!!   LOL!!!



April called me while we were out to tell me that Karen, Andrew's mom, was coming over to give April her birthday present, then asked if she could bring her upstairs for coffee as her place wasn't all that clean and Andrew wasn't able to be home etc....So as soon as I got home I cleaned a little, April came up and vacuumed for me.  She made Bill and I a plate of chopped bread and balsamic and oil and pepper flake dip.  Mmmmmmmm.

All afternoon I did something that I really like doing, but it is very exhausting in a strange way.  Bill and I have been talking about instead of going to Maui this summer, we would drive to Alaska and back.  We talked it over, a lot, and then talked it over with my brother Stan.  It was made clear that we would end up having to sleep in the truck on occasion, and there just ain't no way Bill would be able to do that.  So we nixed the trip.  But...I got thinking.  Why don't we take one of those cruise/land tour trips up from here, then cruise home!  So...I literally spent the next 6 hours figuring out how to do that.  I finally found the cruise up that worked out, the one week we would spend renting a car in Fairbanks, drive around for six days and then get on a cruise home.  So I found the appropriate dates and cruises, then I found the right car rental place that allows us to drop the car off right at the cruise terminal, and I figured out a doable driving route from Fairbanks to Anchorage, and found the hotels en route, and made all the reservations.  There are simply no vacancies during the summer.  My head was spinning by the time I was done.  And this whole trip, we do NOT have to set foot on an airplane.  I am so done with flying!!!  Now we are so excited.  July 6 to July 29th and we get to be home all of August!!!

Karen came and we had the best visit.  She is very interesting and funny and I totally enjoyed the evening.  April, bless her, had bought Bill and I a black forest cake for our anniversary..our 24th.  So all in all a fabulous day.

Today, (I am blogging tonight about today because tomorrow morning I can't) I went to Walmart with April.  She didn't need to go to work til one.  She had a nice long list of trip necessities and we did not find even one in that stupid store.  We never do.  I saw on the news that Forbes has listed Walmart as the number one retail earner this year.  Don't know how, they never have what we want.  And their fat lady dresses always have a ring of pineapples somewhere in the print.  We did find shoes though at the Warehouse.  Love that store.  I bought a couple of ladylike walk around snotty Paris shoes.  Pic below.



I know from being in Paris, one dresses to the nines, wears top drawer shoes, make up, sleek hair and never ever ever wears shorts.  Well this broad isn't into all that.  Short shorts and neon shoes and if they don't like it well too flipping bad. I is who I is.

After getting back, Bill and I went downtown to deliver some paperwork to CWT and we went to TNT market for a dim sum picnic, which we ate sitting at English Bay looking over towards Kits beach.  What a beautiful beautiful day.  We were sitting in our car, eating our dim sum, in a long row of cars full of other asians, eating their lunch with chopsticks...so funny.

Now we are home, it is supper time, we aren't hungry and I am going to do some laundry.  So exciting.  TTYL!!
MMMMM...MARINATED PORK BUNG.....

MMM...YUMMY TART

MMM...YUMMY GREASE

A COOKIE FOR APRIL...SHE IS HEARTBROKEN THAT THE PHONE COVER ONLY FIT MY PHONE

I REALLY ADMIRED THIS LADY...SHE CAME DOWN TO THE BEACH PULLING HER LTTLE SHOPPING CART FULL OF EVERYTHING YOU SEE THERE....COMPLETE WITH A LITTLE STOOL TO PUT HER FEET ON...AND A FEW MINUTES LATER HER UMBRELLA COMPLETELY BLEW INSIDE OUT!   

1 comment: