Friday, May 24, 2013

IF ITS TUESDAY I MUST BE IN BELGIUM

Anyone remember that movie?  I am kind of feeling that right now.  The wifi here is sooooo bad.  The cruise ships are better and that is kind of shocking!

So...where did we leave off?  I think we had one more day in Paris.  We caught a taxi down to the hop on hop off bus stop.  There were hordes of people waiting.  And, it was raining.  Not tons but enough to wreck your hair and cover your glasses.  So, when the bus finally showed up, there was a mad dash to get on.  I finally shoved my way in and made straight for the upstairs and scored the very front seats, shielded a little by the front window.  Totally pissed off a large lady who had come up behind me.  I slung my back pack onto a seat and grabbed the other two.  Too frecking bad.  I am tired of pushy older women (hahaha  nothing ironic about that statement!) We rode around the most important loop, getting cold and wet and then we hopped into a cafe and warmed up.  We then rode around the second loops, getting even colder and wetter.  We got off up in Montmarte just several blocks away from our hotel.  And promptly got horribly lost.

I am noticing that when we are lost we go to mode nasty.  Instantly.  Bill is the king of redundant stupid comments.  April gets extraordinarily cranky.  And I just get plain nasty.  So theres the three of us dragging our sorry asses down the wet street, snapping at each other and completely clueless as to where we are going.  That afternoon a lovely lady came along and took us in hand and led us to our street.  That was the second time a lovely Parisienne led us home.  We were very grateful.

After resting up we got a cab down to the Eiffel tower.  Up we went and spent some time surveying this very beautiful city from above.  Sooooo amazing.  When the elevator descends, it stops at the second level and you walk across to the second elevator that takes you to ground level.  I thought it was up two stories, thus its being called the 'second' level.  April and I decided to take the stairs down and meet Bill on the bottom.  Long story short....we descended approximately 20 stories on foot down a very very long set of stairs.  Holy Crap!!!  I did not think we were ever going to hit the bottom.  Our legs were shaking by the time we got down...and then we couldn't find Bill.  Eventually we did find him and we walked another mile or so to where we could get a lovely dinner, including escargot, one of my most fave things to eat.  What a wonderful evening.  After seeing the Eiffel tower all lit up and getting pics, we got a taxi home.   So tired that nite!

The next morning we got a shuttle (I say so easily, the French are the most complicated, disorganized,  and at times obtuse people, as they will tell you themselves with a shrug..."Zat is zee French way!") out to the airport and rented a car (I say so easily, the French are really not the most practical easy people...seriously).  For now I am going to put a comma in it here and write another chapter in the morning.  This will get too long and with my luck I will lose it and will have to write it all over.  I am going to put some pics on here....this internet seems to be okay, so maybe I will be able to load a few.  Right now I am trying to recharge my camera battery, using a converter and adapter and it is smelling suspiciously like our brakes did on the car  earlier....another story for tomorrow!  TTYL









No comments:

Post a Comment