Tuesday, May 14, 2013

OKAY, NO IDEA WHAT HAS HAPPENED

All I know is that we leave tomorrow for Paris and I am not finished the packing and the house is a mess and my hair needs washing, and my toes need polish, and I still have half my permanent pack list to find and pack and I need to go out and vote.

Monte got home (his home in Port Alberni) from the hospital.  I don't think he is out of the woods yet but time will tell.  They have him so drugged up but he thinks that is what he needs.  He must drive this particular bus himself this time.  This will be a lifelong balancing act and he may as well start right now taking charge of his own mental health.  He is pretty good at it too.  Although I must add in here...across the street from him are a couple that "look after" him.  Seriously, I could not have sent him back to his house without their help.  Pat is the most amazing man, gentle, wise and kind and totally understands where Monte is coming from.  Ange, his wife, whom I finally met a while ago, is such a wonderful addition to our friend circle.  The two of them have been life savers in a way I can't even begin to describe.

Mother's Day was my favourite kind of day.  I did not get dressed all day!  I toodled around the house doing those little things, millions of little things, that need to get done before trips.  At one point in the late afternoon Bill came in (to my Purple Room) and asked if I would like to go out for dinner but I declined.  I was happy with bologna sandwiches and pyjamas.

I spent yesterday exactly the same way.  I didn't get dressed until I had to to go out for dinner with April to Aryn's.  And what an amazing dinner it was!  She had made true blue osso buco.  I looked up the meaning of that term.   It means "bone hole".  And the bone hole in that veal shank is full of the most delicious marrow.  OMG!!!  So good!  And she made a potato dish to die for.  April, mindful of how I don't eat some salads because the greens suction cup to my teeth, made a fantastic boccincini (sp?), cherry tomato and basil salad.  YUMMMMY!!  And...a blood orange/rum/mint/pineapple cocktail...my favourite kind of drink.  Plus she drove so I could drink as much as I liked!  She also went to a particular store and bought us each a delicious cupcake, and beautiful.  Pic below.

So now today its going to be even more of the same...as Bill likes to say.  The hard part will be getting Bill to clean his area around his chair.  He leaves it so late and after a lot of threats involving garbage bags, then I am stuck waiting for him to get it done so I can get MY part done, the floor, dusting etc...  He has been working his butt off outside.  It is looking so much better now.  He worked out there all day yesterday except when it suddenly thunder and lighteninged and the rain came down so hard I thought it was going to break the roof of the deck thingy.

Well its vote time.  "sigh"  I am going to vote Liberal reluctantly.  Mostly because every single time the NDP have been in they have absolutely and devastatingly tanked this province.  Every single time.  They have not been successful even one time.  I don't know how many times this has to happen for the citizens of this province to get that.  I am not a fan of the libs for all kinds of reasons, but at least they don't destroy the province.  And then blame it on the previous government.  So, my sincerest apologies to those that will be voting NDP, but this is the way I feel.  And boy!!! I definitely understand why you don't want to vote Liberal!!!!  Two party province!  I can't stand Christy Clark and I like Adrienne Dix, but I love my province more :)  Thats a little comfort because I think Dix will win.

So now onward with my last day here at home before we leave.  Yesterday April texted me that she "thought" she knew where her passport was, that she had forgotten she needed it, and she had put it on the hot water tank to dry off after washing it after spilling curry all over it, LAST SEPTEMBER!!!  Well you know that sickening tightening of your stomach, leading to panic?  Well thats what her text did to me!!!  This would not be the first time that girl has lost her passport!  I tore downstairs, found it right where she last saw it last September, commandoed it, and it is now safely with ours.

I will blog tomorrow morning before we go and because we are in hotels I should be able to continue.  Pics, though, will probably be on facebook.  TTYL
MY LITTLE BLOGGING SPOT

WHY I CALL IT PURPLE ROOM VENTS..ARYN PAINTED THIS ROOM PURPLE AND AFTER WE MOVED IN I LIKED IT, BUT AS YOU COULD SEE IN YESTERDAYS PICS....IT NEEDS SOME WORK TO GET BACK TO THIS!

DINNER AT ARYN'S


YUMMY COCKTAIL

YUMMY OSSO BUCO 


AMAZING SALAD

THE FOURTH GUEST



NOT ONLY WAS THIS A PRETTY CUPCAKE...IT WAS DELICIOUS

A LUCKY MOM!!!!





1 comment:

  1. Helen, You look awesome! That is a great colour on you!

    ReplyDelete