Wednesday, May 1, 2013

ALOHA MAUI HELLO VANCOUVER

Finally!!!!  I can't wait to get home now.  I am going to miss my Maui, but we will be back in a couple of months.  But now my brain has turned to home.  There is so much going on with all my kids and at least one of them needs a mommy hug pretty badly.  Life can be such a bitch sometimes.

Yesterday was another awesome day in paradise.  It was all clouded over and a little windy.  We went over and did our half hour in the pool but I didn't stay.  We came back and I cleaned out the fridge and kitchen and did more organizing and packing the tidbits.  I needed to go to a Whalers to get some pineapple chap stick for a certain somebody...so we went out to the shops at Wailea.  We shopped around a little and then came right back.

We did go to Mamma's last night and as usual it was amazing.  I will post a couple pics below, my apologies to my fb friends as they will have already seen them.  The dinner and the whole experience was amazing.  The setting in that place is beyond description..but to sum it up it presents the ultimate Hawaiian experience in every way.  The decor, the music, the wahine in gorgeous outfits, the handsome young men that bring your food and most of all the incredible view of hawaiian flowers, palms and ocean out the open air walls.  Such a beautiful way to end our trip and I do believe we are going to plan to do this each time we leave here.

Now its off to do the final packing.  It blows my mind how much crap I end up packing back and forth.  I am remembering Bamfield and I just don't remember having to pack this much clothing for the summer.  Being a "large" person has its disadvantages beyond what the regular world knows.  For one thing you can't just count on the fact that you are going to find the clothes you need and currently own, somewhere else.  There is a little fear here involved I might add.  They don't make my size in Europe, so losing my luggage would be completely disastrous. And, large clothes take up double the space that skinny people's clothes do, thus a larger or heavier suitcase is the result.  So annoying.  And you'd think that here in Maui where I am sort of on the skinny side compared to a lot of the locals and the american tourists, you would think one could get large clothes here.  No.  You can't.  When I tapped a big lady on the shoulder and asked her where the big peeps here buy their clothes, she said online.  That does not help.

Anyway, the end result is I pack my clothes of the season with me where ever I go.  So now I have a giant overpacked suitcase to contend with.  Oh well, I am just happy to be going home.  I shall still be blogging each day though.  It will be crazy getting ready for Paris on May 15th.  TTYL


















No comments:

Post a Comment