Wednesday, May 15, 2013

DOWN TO THE WIRE

Well, this is it.  Packed, clean, beds made, kids in all the right places, right people got elected last night (for me, sorry NDPers, I truly thought it would be a closer election), ready to get in that taxi and start this trip.

The only one with an antsy dark face about it all is Parker.  The moment he sees a suitcase he starts to pace and shove his head under our arms and won't settle.  In fact he will find where my suitcase is that I am packing and constantly push himself between me and it.  If I have serious reorganizing and repacking to do I have to shut the door of that room to keep him out.  You would think he would be used to it by now.

April bought a coat from a place called Drop Dead Clothing, in Britain.  It arrived in under five days.  Its just the most amazing coat, but it was HUGE!!  It wrapped right around her.  It obviously had to go back.  The fastest way to exchange it  is to buy another one and mail the ill fitting one back.  In due course my credit card will be repaid.  So....the coat came in one of those fairly large plastic bags, the reinforced unrippable type.  I made sure she didn't rip or anything just in case.  So I did this all for her yesterday, she was so under the gun with work and obligations.

So I wrapped it up, filled out the appropriate sheet of paper and hopped down to the post office.  The package wasn't very big.  The lady weighed it and stretched and flattened out the package and measured it. She asked how I would like it sent and I said the fastest.  I don't like 200 bucks plus floating around too long.  So she rang it in and says " that will be 187.00 please"  WTH???  I almost choked!!!  So long story short, we wrapped it up tight, packed it into a post office bag and chose the slow boat transport and got it down to 20 bucks.  Wow!!!

The next post will be from London!!!  April wants to spend our one day in London at the British Museum, and maybe we can slip in a quick trip to the library.  I hope so.  We will be checking into our hotel in early afternoon the day before.  I hope that B and A (as I shall refer to them from now on, its shorter) will opt for a nap.  I always need to sleep for a couple hours, where ever we go.  We can go downtown then and get dinner at Wagamamas, best noodle house ever.

So....TTYL!!!!
I WOULD DESCRIBE THIS DECOR STYLE AS "EARLY COZY"  ....  HAPPENS IN TINY HOUSES

HAHA..YOU SHOULD SEE WHAT I CROPPED OUT OF THIS PIC!!!  I STILL SEE A COFFEE CUP AND EMPTY BEER CAN....BUD LIGHT LIME MOJITO...TO EXACT AND GUIESS WHAT...APRIL'S FAVOURITE

POOR PARKER'S WORST SCENARIO


No comments:

Post a Comment