Tuesday, April 30, 2013

PICNIC FAIL

Well now, lets see.  On the days we don't do much I tend to forget what we did.  We went to the pool and did our half hour.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE it there?  Oh god am I ever going to miss it.  I stayed for a couple hours after Bill left and spent most of it just floating around in the water.  My swim days are numbered and if there is anything that will bring me back here lickety split its the thought of climbing into that water.

We planned to go to costco for one more trip, buy some supper and go north of Kahului to find a new picnic spot.  About four in the aft. we left.  I stopped in Walmart for a few things for April and then off to Costco.  We bought caesar salad, chicken, and fruit salad.  We headed north.  We ended up at a park at the end of a golf course, which we have been to before.  So we parked where there was a bit of a view, opened up doors, got the food out and spread it all over the dashboard, then got completely overwhelmed and assaulted by flies.

It reminded me of the time we gave a giant knuckle bone to our little pomeranian, Princess.  She was outside in our yard at our summer place on the coast.  Well two, not one, big batches of crows started to stalk her, one in front and one in back.   When she would finally leave the bone and chase the crows she could see in front of her, the ones in back would attack the bone.  She would rush back and chase those ones off.  Pretty soon she would have to repeat the procedure over and over and after a half hour she gave up and left the bone to come inside.

Well, we were like that with flies.  We would chase them away out Bill's window and another batch would come in my window.  There was no way we could shut the windows...too hot...and we can't leave the car running for a/c.  Finally, we gave up and went home.  There seem to be a lot of flies in certain places on this here island!

Today I cherry picked another little batch of pics for you.  No maui ones though:)  TTYL
SO MANY MIRRORS ON THE SHIPS

CASTLE AT DUNNEGAN, ISLE OF SKY


CASTLE ON THE SHETLAND ISLANDS


HE TRICKED US

ICELAND


LUNCH WITH MY DAUGHTER AND MOLLY

AND PARKER

GUESS WHO CAME TO LUNCH?


LUCH WITH MY SON...WHO MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD I CHOKED

TWO ADORABLE OLDER LADIES AT KEW GARDENS

GUESS WHO CAME TO LUNCH 

A VERY VERY SPECIAL PIC...MY OLDEST SON AND DAUGHTER MANY YEARS AGO...WE WERE LISTENING TO THE RECORD THAT KEVIN IS HOLDING....KRAFTWORK'S AUTOBAN

FOR ME????

OUR OLD HOUSE...THIS ONE BURNED IN 2003...WE REBUILT IT...LIKE THE DOORS??  TOO BIG...5000 SQ FT  IT TOOK THREE DAYS TO CLEAN IT AND THEN YOU HAD TO START ALL OVER

NOW THE LUNCH!

ALL DRESSED UP FOR DINNER...VERY VERY RARE OCCURANCE

I ALMOST DIDN'T PUT THIS HERE...CUZ I CAN'T SPELL REYKJAVIK  

I THINK I AM THE ONLY ONE IN MY WORLD THATS LOVES THIS PIC...BUT I DO!  IT TOOK IT OUT A MOVING BUS WINDOW IN THE RAIN ON THE ISLE OF SKYE 


No comments:

Post a Comment