Monday, April 29, 2013

HMMMM.....LET'S SEE

Yesterday.  I am trying to remember.  One thing....my sugar number is now 5.  I have actually brought that number down about 20 points!  Obviously, and I have known this since I was 26 years old, I am allergic to carbs...even unprocessed ones.  If I eat too much lettuce I gain weight.  So now what?  I can't keep lowering the number to non-existence.  I think I had better go see the doc and figure this out.

I had a fantastic time in the pool yesterday too.  Bill and I did the half hour, I think he is addicted to this half hour too, and then I was in and out of the pool, walking and talking with various neighbour ladies. I had such a good time....although I am getting too brown.  There is a point where a tan is creepy and ugly and I do believe I have gotten to that point.

As I mentioned before, the last folks here, Heather thats you!, left an awesome gift certificate for us to a local fantastic restaurant.  We decided to go last night so we didn't go anywhere yesterday afternoon.  I washed my hair and talked on the phone.  I can tell when its time to go home, my phone calls become longer and more frequent.  I started with my sister and after quite a while the phone beeped, it was Aryn, and as we were finishing up the phone beeped and it was Monte, and then I had to phone my sister back as I hadn't even talked to her about what I had phoned her for, and then the phone beeped and it was the tour company from France giving me the 8 oclock tour afterall and then the phone rang and it was....I don't remember!  I love it.  Makes me feel at home, where apparently, according to April, our phone never stops ringing.

So off we went for an early dinner....and after the super strict eating regime I have been on, they could have fed me sawdust with bbq sauce on it and I would have loved it.  But....the food was truly plentiful and delicious.  Prawns, calamari, sushi roll, cheddar buns, pork, mashed potatoes, pineapple upside down cake, cheesecake to die for........but.......let me tell you about the rice on my plate.  Normally I don't eat a lot of rice.  Its that food that is, first of all carb loaded, but rice just keeps growing in the tummy after you eat it.  In my entree they gave me a pretty large portion of rice.  And it was, by far, the best thing I ate last night.  I have to make this when I get home.  They made the rice and added in very finely chopped cilantro, very finely chopped garlic, cilantro paste and butter.  It was unbelievably delicious.  I shall never forget it!!!!

I did some fine tune packing last night.  I am getting really excited about getting home.  I hope the cherry blossoms are still there!  I zoomed thru my pics and just randomly grabbed a few.  No more Maui ones...I am tired of the maui ones.  TTYL
A CASTLE IN DUBLIN

A REUBAN SANDWICH IN OUR FAVE NYC DELI "THE STAGE DOOR"

A CANAL IN EDAM, AMSTERDAM

A LITTLE ICEBERG IN GREENLAND

AMSTERDAM

MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.....ACTUALLY GREENLAND

A WEE DUG OUT TYPE HOUSE IN A VILLAGE IN GREENLAND

CHELSEA MARKET NYC, UNDER THE FOOD NETWORK BUILDING, THIS BUILDING WAS CONVERTED FROM A FACTORY....THE FACTORY WAS THE ORIGINAL OREO COOKIE FACTORY

A WINDOW ACROSS FROM A PUB WE HAD IRISH COFFEE IN, IN DUBLIN

GREENLAND'S CUTEST CITIZEN

2 comments:

  1. I love the little village pic. One of my favs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read your blog again. good job on the numbers! and I like the window from across the pub

    ReplyDelete