Friday, April 26, 2013

A BIG FAIL

It would have been so easy to not go swimming yesterday morning.  We decided that we would  go do the banana bread trail again and get ten loaves to freeze and bring home so the thought of swimming was kind of ho hum.  But we did.  We walked and talked for a half hour.  There were a few people over there and we visited a bit.  I stayed a while after Bill left.  I had my fly swatter with me and used it liberally.  I even leant it to a lady sitting near me!

We didn't get going until about 2 in the afternoon.  It was such a hot hot day yesterday, nearly 90 all day long.  But gloriously beautiful.  We stopped at the Cannery Mall to get a latte at Starbucks for the trip.  Oh, it was so incredibly beautiful.  I had a hard time resisting picture taking, but I did.  I only took about 35 pics, and when I got home I deleted all but two, as you will see below.

When we arrived at the banana bread hut, it was closed!! And not only that, she was sold out!!!  She said to come back today between 9 and 10 in the morning...and we were going to....but we have changed our mind!  So all the people I told I was bringing them a loaf of banana bread will have to go without.  Maybe I will make a big batch when I get home.  I make great banana bread and the bananas are half the price at home.  Go figure!

I think this afternoon we are going to go up through Kula and out the edge of the earth road.  I need to see it one more time before we go.  I love it out there.  Maybe I will pack my little pieces of meat and some juice and we can picnic.

Til tomorrow....TTYL



No comments:

Post a Comment