Tuesday, April 16, 2013

COOKIE DAY TWELVE...CAME SO FAST

I can't believe its time already.  They are packing up and getting ready to go home....but I will not talk of that until tomorrow's post.

Yesterday Cookie and I hit the pool and Brian hit the golf course.  We had the pool all to ourselves and it was the warmest yet.  So we did what that talky broad and her hubby do, we walked back and forth and back and forth and I know I did just about all the talking.  Its amazing how a half hour can whiz by when you are walking and talking!  At one point we were discussing hair removal methods and how us white girls just don't need to and how lucky we were and what happens when we get older etc...and then Cook noticed a man sitting in the shade by the gym door.  And there is no doubt he heard every word.  I was thinking up all kinds of interesting "discussions" we could have had that would have totally entertained him...but I don't think Cookie would have approved!!!

When Brian got home from golfing...and he did extremely well...he went to bed for a nap.  Bill drove Cook and me along S. Kihei road to do some last minute looking and shopping.  What fun...we hit every ABC store and few new ones.  We also stopped at McD's for icecream and shoothies.

I think I posted a picture of a Peachy Chicken recipe that was on the back of the malt vinegar bottle on a table in Zippy's.  I decided to make it last night for dinner.  When we got home I went looking for all the ingredients.  I didn't have peaches, so I used a can of pineapple.  I didn't have malt vinegar so I used apple cider vinegar.  I didn't have frozen orange juice so I used pink lemonade.  I DID have the chicken though!  And actually it turned out pretty good!

Our last night :( so Cook and I sat out on the lanai for final visiting and recapping etc...  A new neighbour lady, Maria, has moved in right next door with her ten yr old son.  She is a really nice person, really nice.  But....she talks.  And she is like RIGHT THERE...so you can't ignore her without being exceptionally rude.  Oh well, I am having to come to terms with the fact that there ARE people in this world and she was interesting if nothing else.

We were off to bed around ten.  I didn't get any new pics yesterday but I am going to post a small recap from the whole trip.  You will have seen them already but I want to go over the highlights!  TTYL
BOTANICAL GARDEN

ROAD TO HANA


LAVENDER FARM



BRIAN GOT ME TO TAKE A PIC THROUGH HIS SUNGLASSES!

OUR FAVOURITE PASTIME

WIND FARM




SWIMMING


ANOTHER SELFIE ATTEMPT

COLLEEN'S IN HAIKU..THE SERVING OF FISH AND CHIPS WAS SO HUGE, FIVE BIG PIECES OF FISH ATOP A LOAD OF CHIPS, OPAH FISH, THAT I DON'T THINK I AM GOING TO BE ABLE TO EAT FISH AND CHIPS EVER AGAIN.

LOOK AT OUR BAD NOSES!!!


THIS IS BILL'S PIC......COOKIE TRIED THE WHOLE TRIP TO GET AN "ANGRY BIRD" PICTURE!

MY OBLIGATORY ONCE A YEAR HORRIBLE MESS


No comments:

Post a Comment