Friday, April 12, 2013

COOKIE DAY EIGHT

It is six in the morning, no one is up, the birds are chirping so LOUD out there and the sun is just peeking over Haleakala.  And its not hot yet.

Yesterday was my favourite kind of day.  We took it easy first thing in the morning.  We did pictures on the laptops, I got the blog entry done and then we went swimming.  The "couple" were there, and she was talking and talking and talking, but they left soon after we arrived, so we had the pool to ourselves.  Bliss...the water is the perfect temperature.

After roast beef sandwiches we headed into Walmart for a few things and then off to upcountry, picture hunting yet again.  Cookie and I are going to be picking out our favourite pics we take to make a coffee table book each.  So, we are pretty intent in our hunts.

Last night for supper I made noodle soup, the kind you get at the noodle houses.  Mmmmmm....so good.  After American Idol we went over to the pool to the hot tub.  It was kind of hard to get Cookie to go, although it was her idea at first.  I think she thought it would be so hot she wouldn't like it.  But it wasn't and she loved it, we all did.  We even got Bill over there.  I do believe we will be doing that again.

Brian and Cookie are such neat and tidy people.  Poor Brian spends a great deal of time picking up after Bill and I, stuff Bill and I don't even see.  Cups, plates, dirt, paper, out of place things, food in the kitchen, crumbs......crap we don't think about until cleaning day.  Every morning they make their beds and all their stuff is put away where it belongs.  Our bedroom looks like a bomb hit it.  I didn't really pay much attention to this but after a few days of seeing their neat and tidy awesome room, I am feeling ashamed.  I think I will clean our bedroom today.  And Bill and I are loud and we fight sometimes and say awful things to each other.  Its just the way we are.  Poor Cookie and Brian...they just don't, and never would, do that in front of people.  I sometimes wonder how they can hack it here with us for two weeks!!!!  But they do say opposites attract!

Last night, right after they went to bed, Bill and I were sort of turning things off and getting ready to go too, when the smoke alarms, one or both, couldn't tell, went off.  Of course they are totally ear piercingly loud and scary.  So there was the four of us, scrambling around frantically, looking for smoke, or deadly chemicals or SOMETHING that set them off.  Nothing.   After a minute it went off.  Who knows?  It didn't do it again thank goodness!

Here is today's offerings.  I have real trouble with pictures that have a lot of green in them.  Not sure what thats about, I just don't like them.  I can't get them to look real, and I like my pics to look authentically real.  But, I have to say, here in Maui, there is so much unbelievable green around that that might be it.  TTYL
WE WENT BACK TO THAT TREE TO PICTURE IT IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT


ALL FOR A WEE CACTUS FLOWER



THE PURPLE JACARANDA TREES ARE EVERYWHERE RIGHT NOW


THIS LOOKS LIKE A TOY, BUT ITS A LADYBUG CRAWLING PAST A DEAD FLOWER

THESE GEESE PUT THE RUN ON US!!  THEY WERE SCARY EVEN BEHIND THE FENCE, HISSING AND HONKING AND GROWLING IN A VERY MENACING WAY


LOTS OF THESE AROUND THE ISLAND







AN OVERGROWN FENCE


No comments:

Post a Comment