Saturday, April 20, 2013

HE DID IT!!!

I finally got the old man into the pool to do a half hour of walking.  I don't thinks its the  height of sophisticated exercise, but it does give the legs and arms a good stretch.  Better than sitting on your duff doing nothing!  So we walked back and forth, just like the talky girl and her hubby, for half an hour.  Speaking of:

I met them.  I was sitting at the pool after Bill had gone and they walked past me to the chairs nearest.  He looked over and said a big friendly hi.  I made a comment about us being the most loyal pool goers and she jumped in and agreed.  She then walked right up to me and said "Hi!  I am Tracy and this is my husband Christian."  She stuck her hand out and shook mine.  I about fell over.  We visited a while.  They moved here from Alaska in 2007, and this is the third couple I have met in this complex that moved here from Alaska.  What a nice couple.  So I am officially taking back any negative comments I have made and bad thoughts.  Let this be a lesson to me, try not to hate on people before you meet them!  (will never happen)

Later we drove to Paia, after stopping and picking up my little table, and went to that hippie dippie awesome grocery store to buy a picnic.  I got a sandwich and iced tea and Bill got apricot nectar, a container of hot pea soup and bun and a whole crumble top apple pie.  We drove to Turtle Beach, found a good spot and ate.  We didn't have utensils so he drank the soup out of the container but when it came to the pie we were stumped.  Until he spied an unused, and never to be used, shell gas card sitting on the dash.  I took pics of him using it as a fork.....silly man.  But it worked very well.  We had our books but I fell asleep and slept for about 45 minutes.  What an awesome way to nap, the breeze blowing, the waves crashing, happy surfers shouting to each other, kids squealing, dogs chasing sticks.....can't beat it.

All in all a great day.  He is in town right now getting flowers at the market and picking up a security screen door to replace the perfectly good rustyish one.  Sorry Bill...but thats how I feel.  Its only about 80 bucks  so not worth making a fuss but....if it had been any more I think I would be protesting.  Any whooo.....gotta finish cleaning and get to the pool.  TTYL
THE FORK


DIGGING IN

MMMMMM



A TEENY TINY BABY GECKO, BUT ITS RIGHT BESIDE MY HEAD WHERE I SLEEP....SWITCHING SIDES TONITE

1 comment:

  1. Whoopee! Bill got into the pool! That's great and we hope you don't let him stop. Glad to hear Blondie is friendly. Now you have 2 new 'girlfriends'! Yay!! finally found that annoying gecko. Are you going to catch it? Did he eat the whole pie? or share.

    ReplyDelete