Friday, April 19, 2013

STUPID PEOPLE AND BEAUTIFUL STUFF


 On Heather Keetbass's advice, we went to find a little place called Eskimo Candy.  It is a walkup and order place with about 6 bistro tables and also a long refrigerated cold case and freezer.  You can buy fresh fish, shrimp etc...and you can buy frozen in bulk.  The food you get at the counter are things like chowder, fish and chips, fish tacos etc...and I have heard the food is amazing.  BUT.....I could hardly get in the door.  The line up at the counter wound its way right through the store and around.  The tables were over full and so was the seating outside.  So, we had to take a pass on it.  And this wasn't even at a meal time.

We headed down to the shops at Wailea.  The outdoor mall serves the rich and famous.  You will find the likes of Simon Cowell, Brittany Spears, Anthony Hopkins, Steven Tyler etc strolling about at this mall.  Its crazy expensive and not a place we often buy stuff.  I did go into the ABC store and bought a couple of bracelets and we do go into Whalers to look at stuff.  I also go to Sand People.  Thats where I have picked up a couple of things in the past.

We then went to Mackenna landing.  We haven't been able to get parking there up until this week.  I love it there.  Its a great place to just sit and read.  I scrambled over the bank and down to the rocks, looked right and right there on a little beach was a resting turtle, a 3 to 400 pounder.  My first thought was "Oh No....Cookie isn't here!"  She would have loved it.  I was with a man, keeping a good distance, taking pics, when three women came up and in really loud nasally voices "OH MY GOD!!!  LOOK AT THE TURTLE!!!  HERE CHERYL TAKE MY PICTURE WITH IT.  I'M GOING OVER THERE, WAIT WAIT...I AM GOING TO GET RIGHT BESIDE IT.  I HAVE NEVER HAD A PICTURE BESIDE A TURTLE BEFORE!!!"  So, the man and I both at the same time told her to just stay away from it, leave it in peace.  They all looked stunned and didn't seem to understand why we would say this.  We did manage to keep them somewhat away.

When I went back up the bank, a lady sitting there told me that last week a family had gone over to the turtle (I guess they sun themselves there regularly) and actually sat their kids on the turtle to take pictures.  WTH???  When told to get their kids off, they apparently got nasty and told whoever to not tell their kids what to do.  Have I mentioned that I don't like the human race much?

We found some new little roads to explore and enjoyed the plethora of flowers that have just started blooming like crazy everywhere.  This place is just so astoundingly beautiful no matter where you go.  We then headed home to a lovely dinner, thank you Bill, talked to all my kids and went to bed.  A great day!  I shall go swimming again today...as I did yesterday morning...I love it.  The pool is at the best its ever been.  TTYL
THERE IS THE TURTLE...YOU CAN SEE HOW BIG HE IS.

HIS HEAD

MAKENNA LANDING  WE SIT OVER THERE WHERE THE CARS ARE



THIS IS THE STORE WHERE I HAVE BOUGHT A FEW THINGS FOR THE CONDO...I LOVE THIS STORE




OHHHH...IF ONLY I WERE SKINNY


OHHHHHHH IF ONLY I WERE RICH


IF ONLY I WERE A PRINCESS


A FERRY STORE


1 comment:

  1. more bracelets! They have a nice selection in that ABC Store.

    ReplyDelete