Tuesday, April 23, 2013

NOT TOO HUNGRY....YET

I took my blood sugars tonite and its way down to 9.  I have spent a good deal of time today reading about juicing/atkins/dukan/weight watchers/ etc...and diabetes.  Its pretty conflicting advice I must say.  There are a lot of carbs in the vegetable juices, and as Jan pointed out to me, no fibre.  From what I am reading though, the suggestion is to eat a small amount of protein with the juice to slow the sugar spiking.  So, I don't know.  "sigh"  All I know for sure is I can't just eat "healthy".  Don't have enough self discipline.  It has to be pretty black and white for it to work for me.  So I shall continue to juice and research!

We went over to the pool today.  We started our half hour of walking.  Bill and I got talking about our books we are reading and before we were finished our conversation, the half hour was up.  I mentioned this to Bill and he said lets walk another ten minutes!!!  This is the guy who was constantly asking how much longer!!!  I was pretty proud of him!  He came back to the condo and I stayed over there until it started raining.

Later we ran a few errands, banking, propane and farmer's market.  We then headed out to Makenna Landing and once again another turtle was sunning itself.  I also found a plethora of angry birds also known as red birds.  And a very interesting staircase.  Not a stellar day by any means but a pleasurable one.

I spent about two hours on the phone with my Arnie tonite.  I love talking to my kids on the phone.  Talking to her tonight reminded me of when I spent two months in the hospital having Monte, and the primary care of 2 year old April fell on poor Aryn.  And I must say she totally stepped up to the plate, not easy for a 16 yr old.  But we would talk on the phone.  We never really had the opportunity before. This was new for us and it was awesome.  What a fantastic way to communicate with your teen!  Tonight just brought all that back to me and I LOVED it!!  Later Monte phoned me and played me his latest song he has written and it was stellar as usual.  And earlier April sent me a picture of the painting she is executing...and its unbelievable.  And...last night I had a long awesome talk with Kevin about Survivor.  Oh the joy!!!  Someone else watches it and is willing to spend endless time dissecting the latest episode...GOLD!!!!

So all in all a good day.  Now I am going to go out and see if I can see falling stars.  Apparently they are up there tonight!  TTYL
AN ANGRY ANGRY ARTIST


HE WAS EVEN BIGGER THAN THE LAST ONE...AND PEOPLE WOULDN'T LEAVE HIM ALONE...THEY SHOULDN'T EVEN BE OVER THERE....THUS THE ANGRY ARTIST....MADE HIM MAD



CAN YOU SPOT RED BIRD???




A HAPPY FAMILY HEADING HOME

No comments:

Post a Comment