Saturday, April 27, 2013

WINDING IT DOWN

Well, my big suitcase is going into the spare room to start the packing process.  Between chocolate covered mac nuts and tequila and wine, I need to see about weight management!  (the booze is NOT for Bill and me)   We are also taking care of some much needed chores around the condo, new screen door, clean the fans, etc...I have booked a final night dinner at Mamma's Fish House for Tuesday night.  I need to get all the pool time in possible...I am really going to miss that pool.  I just love it.

I spent most of yesterday once again on the laptop trying to understand the French's way of booking tours and what tours TO book.  Oh my god!  I remember when we were in Paris a few years ago, we rented a car.  When we were returning it we drove it back to Gare du Nord (north station).  The rental car return was about fifty stories below the massive train station, which to get there you had to drive down a very narrow and very very endless deep spiral tunnel.   Down down down down forever.  I actually got claustrophobic.    When we finally reached the bottom level where all the rental cars were there was a car, driverless, completely blocking the entrance to that level.  We sat there waiting and waiting.  Finally I got out and went hunting for someone, but the whole level was completely deserted.  Eventually, if I remember correctly, I went up in the elevator to the rental office and basically said "Hey!!  What the hell??!!"  Finally someone came and instead of apologizing and getting that stupid car out of the way, he shrugs and in a thick French accent says "Ahh this is the way of the French."  I was so freaking tired of hearing that.  They flipping excuse everything they self indulgently do by shrugging and referring to their nationality.

Well I think they run their online booking processes the same way.  I was booking a tour to Giverny, Monet's home town.  I booked a very expensive private car and guide.  I chose the 8 am pick up from our hotel and paid the 104 euro deposit. The morning tour would leave us with all the rest of the day to do even more things Paris.  I then get the confirmation letter, with much mercis and you will be so happy, and thank you for the deposit,  we look forward to meeting you blah blah blah, oh, and by the way, you will be on the 2 pm tour. " It will be lovely as you will see the sunset on the way home etc....."  What?  No asking, no offer to change days to accommodate a morning tour...nope, just here it is, never mind the whole thing is like 500 euros...you have to take the afternoon one.  No changing it now!!!  Sometimes dealing with the French can be awful.  I have had a few run ins with them over our many visits there.  They aren't the nicest of people and if anyone from France is reading this, well you won't get any apologies from me.  You aren't very nice.

We did go out briefly, to see the loser sunset.  We did not have even one decent sunset the whole time we have been here.  So odd.  Today after swimming I do believe we are heading out to the edge of the earth.  yay!!!  my fave.  TTYL
THIS BABY WAS GETTING HIS FIRST TOES IN OCEAN EXPERIENCE 

OUR MOST COMMON SUNSET WATCHING SPOT

READING HIS BOOK


THE LESS THAN STELLAR SUNSET

THE HOPEFUL, GATHERING, JUST IN CASE IT TURNS OUT TO BE A GOOD ONE....IT DIDN'T

SOMEHOW I ALWAYS GET UP WITH A MOHAWK 

No comments:

Post a Comment