Sunday, April 21, 2013

KINDA WEIRD DAY

Yesterday morning Bill went to town by himself.  He went to the market and bought the most beautiful flowers.  I will put pics of them below.  He did an oil change in the car instead of getting that door.  Whilst he was gone I cleaned.  Brian would be proud of me.  I even swept the whole place.  Now to try to keep it that way!

We took off out the lava bed direction.  We pulled into a spot along the ocean for a while but it was just too hot.  It hovered between 90 and 89 degrees all day.

I am going to juice for one week starting Monday.  I want to see what my sugar numbers will be like while juicing.  I am having trouble getting them under 11 - 14.  They need to be down to 4 - 6.  In preparation I needed to get to both Costco and the farmer's market.  So, off we went to Costco.  We didn't stay too long and I got all that was necessary.  We then headed out to the end of the runway beach.  But, as per usual, on weekends, the beaches are packed with locals, as they should be.  We ended up parking nosed into a wee spot in the bushes facing the runway at the airport.  Perfect!!!  We had brought some fruit salad to pick at.  I opened my door to let the breeze through and it was just a tad cooler in this spot.

After a few minutes though we noticed something that seems to happen more often than you'd like on this island.  A gross smell of something distinctly dead would waft through the door now and then.  There is a very big difference between "meat" rotting and a dead body (animal of course).  But in honour of Aryn's and my tradition I did give a cursory search of the bushes on my way to the back of the car for a dead body.  I am determined to beat her in finding one one day.  No body but definitely something dead.  I shut my door which helped and we had our fruit and left!

In the morning I put ox tails in the crock pot and filled it up to the top with sliced onions.  Last night we had french onion soup for dinner.  Crap it was good.  No cheese on it but we did dip baguette in it.  It was truly delicious.  We watched some tv, I got my nightly call from Monte, (he phones me while he does his 3 minute toothbrushing, so funny and the only time I get a word in edgewise!!!) and off to bed early.  Not sure whats happening today.  Maybe the Iao Valley today.  TTYL
JUST MISSED GETTING THE 90

GOOFY LITTLE FLOWERS I TRY TO PHOTOGRAPH PROPERLY....HARD

Add caption

BILL'S FAVOURITE


 A BRIDE RUNNING DOWN THE ROAD ???

SUGAR MILL




BEEN TO WALMART MAYBE?? (THOSE BLUE BAGS ARE THE ONES WALMART HERE USES, PLASTIC BAGS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON THIS ISLAND)

BEAUTIFUL SUGAR CANE BEING HARVESTED...THIS FIELD THEY ARE USING THRESHERS INSTEAD OF BURNING IT OFF




1 comment: