Saturday, April 13, 2013

COOKIE DAY NINE

Okay, last night I was sitting in bed reading when a movement caught my eye.  Up towards the ceiling was a big yellow gecko.  Bill, who had just gone to bed, immediately, upon having it pointed out to him, says, "Well I'm not getting up and taking him out."  Some saviour!  So all night long I kept waking up and thinking I felt a gecko on me.  I like them fine...just outside.

Yesterday morning around ten, Cookie, Bill and I headed into Costco to get Dave's bread, the best brand of bread we ever ate.  We need it for our sandwiches for our Hana road trip today.  We also stopped at Walmart for a whack of bologna.  I don't know what it is with me lately but I am craving bologna.  We gassed up and went right back home.  Brian stayed home to watch golf.  After watching an hour or two with him, and Cookie had a nap, we made a couple batches of molasses cookies.  So yummy.

Our plan yesterday was to leave here at 4 and go to Lahaina, have dinner at Dave's BBQ and walk Front street.  When we arrived there was a huge crowd and no parking, and a city Friday night street party about to start so we changed plans.  We left.  We will go back Sunday night and try again.

We decided to go to Zippy's...its like a Hawaiian version of a Denny's...with great food.  Along the way, the road follows the ocean, we stopped to put our feet in the water, and it was as warm as bath water.  I guess the tide had come in over hot sand and I have never stood in warmer ocean water.  It was kind of creepy in a way.  I really wanted to go swimming!!!

We had a fantastic dinner at Zippy's..involving lots of chilli and nachos and burritos and fries and turkey dinner (Bill). Mmmmmm.  When we got home we were so full and lazy we kind of decided not to go swimming until Bill, who was not sitting outside with us, showed up at the door in his bathing suit and towel all ready to go.  We were shocked!!  So unBill like!  We had the best time over there!  We were all glad we went.

I have only two pics today.  No greenery.  I now am going to go and make sandwiches and boot Bill out of bed.  Off to Hana!!!  TTYL
SEE WHAT I MEAN...THESE TWO PICS SAY IT ALL,  GOOFY COUPLE/NICE COUPLE

No comments:

Post a Comment