Friday, February 28, 2014

AMAZING AZAMARA AND OSAKA

I called this post ‘awesome Azamara’ for a good reason.  They are awesome.  The logistics of getting 600 people to Shanghai and accommodating them for one night just gives me the shivers.  But honestly the way this ship and its crew and peeps from headquarters have swung into action is simply awe inspiring.
We finally limped int0 Osaka tonight at five oclock.  On the dock were 25 “GO” people from all over the world that Azamara hq’s called in, waiting for us.  They got onboard, set up an area we can go to for help and within two hours had pretty much everybody’s new plans in order.  And of course they were the height of kindness and apologetic.  Even the chief number one CEO is onboard and talking to everyone.  Truly amazing.
Our plan is to fly to Shanghai, and they told us they would have porters there to help, and then we would be transferred to the Hyatt on the Bund for one night and then we continue on with our plans.  When I tentatively mentioned that we are actually staying the next four nights in the Peninsula on the Bund, he promptly said they would do everything they can to get us into the Peninsula one night earlier so we won’t have to move!  He is off doing that right now and he is coming back here (I am typing this in the Lido) to let us know.  Talk about service!!
After going through ridonculous immigration process (I am NEVER coming back to Japan...just for their immigration policies..so ridiculous) Spod and I took off exploring.  Right where we have docked is a huge massive complex that includes an aquarium, an arcade , a massive oversized ferris wheel and a fantastic market place/mall with a zillion crazy Japanese stores and some pretty impressive restaurants.  
We zipped around, had dinner in one of the restaurants, one chosen carefully to maximize the authentic Japanese experience.  When we got the very Japanese menu, we chose by picture...the server explained that all the dishes were Hawaiian, called loco moco.  It was truly authentic Hawaiian plate lunch dinners.  We had a good laugh about that!  It was mighty tasty.
We have all day tomorrow to poke about.  I packed yesterday...all done except for my little carry on and I made Spod pack today.  So we can go play tomorrow.  There seems to be a lot just around the ship.  In fact we could actually get on a ferry just outside and it would take us to Universal Japan!  But we won’t!  Ashopping we shall go.

Now its late, Spod looks beat and I am ready to go make my bed on the chairs.  Oh what I would give to be able to just climb into that big comfy bed, put my gasper on and bury under the blankets to my own private little world.  But...sneezing and nose caterpillars, and a horrible disabling back pain keep me outta there.  (I am feeling sorry for myself, can you tell?)  So I shall down the last of my mint tea and grab the old man and head off.  TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Okay Missie! You need to see your Dr. about that back! Can't sleep in a chair forever!!!!

    ReplyDelete