Thursday, February 13, 2014

WARNING: THIS IS A PURPLE ROOM VENT

Allergies.  They are killing me.  Seriously.  We are in the YVR airport and starting this morning waking up in the Fairmont here at the airport, I started to sneeze, eyes running, head pounding.  What the hell is with that?  I have NEVER had allergies in my whole freaking life and now they are simply out of control.  It feels like a hundred caterpillars are up my nose and my eyes feel like they have wiggling sand in them.  And I have sneezed 102 times in the last two hours.

 I bought lovely new make up, something I quit wearing a long time ago, and a whole new face cleansing system (infomercial influence).  My thoughts on this were that for the 25 days of this trip, I would commit to trying to look like the other ladies I see on cruises.  They all have glowing faces with full makeup and jewelry.  I want to see just how hard it is to keep up with this regimen of trying to look good…or at least better.  I packed enough jewelry (which I buy but never wear) to make ten kids playing dress up happy.  But…

If my eyes are turning inside out and my nose is running and I am sneezing my brains out, make up will be a no go.  But I can clean and treat my face every night and morning.  The system I bought into looks like a good one, and they promise that I only have to replace once a month.   The package got held up back east, I thought I wouldn't get it in time, but it arrived just as we were leaving.

I opened the box and there they were….ten teeny tiny tubes.  Each tube represented a step in the daily process.  I read the instructions and looked at the tiny amount and apparently this will last a month.  Well, not on my face.  One cheek of mine is the same area space as another lady's whole face.  I predict this stuff isn't going to last a week, which won't matter anyway because my patience for applying this system EVERY DAY will way disappear long before the little tubes are empty.  But I am going to try.

On another note, the airfare for this trip was free.  When I bought the cruise, they had an offer, free airfare.  And because I know our Vacationstogo agent so well he got us direct flights on AirCanada.  In light of this free trip, I decided we could afford an extra bag.  In my ticket info they said the extra bag would be 70.00 each way.  Yay!!

When we got to the ticket counter and it was time to pay for the bag, he said 100.00.  I mentioned that in my info they said 70.00.  He didn't even bother to answer me.  Bastards!  And…because the trip was free we decided to avail ourselves of the lounge.  For 25 bucks apiece we get a lovely private lounge, free food and coffee.  Later in the day you get beer and wine free as well.  So here we are, in the lounge, eating a lovely breakfast, drinking lattes, reading the paper and listening to Kenny G music.  (shovel list…Kenny G should be banned from public areas).  We board in an hour.  The life of Riley I say!!!  Next post…Hong Kong. TTYL  (if we don't crash.  12 1/2 hour flight)

1 comment: