Saturday, February 22, 2014

WOW IT POSTED!!!! TAIWAN

Due to incredibly high seas we were a little late getting into Taiwan.  We docked in a little seaport town near Taipei.  As we sat at a table in the buffet area waiting to hear our number called for disembarkation, yet another couple sat with us, him knowing everything in the whole world.  So annoying...just makes me want to argue, even if I agree. 
 Its a little different crowd on this boat.  A mix of Brits and Aussie with a few Americans thrown in.  And the general mean age is younger.  I am used to seeing doddering old folks, but this time its mostly people between my age and 70...pretty young for a cruising crowd.  And...they have money.
This cruise co. has two small ships and the cruises are called ‘club cruises’.  Highballs, cocktails, soda, specialty coffees are all included.  We also get two free excursions...really good ones.  They must have been desperate because we didn’t pay much for this cruise and they threw in free air fare and 75 bucks cruise money.
We bused into Taipei yesterday.  Taipei is a beautiful city, clean and very modern.  They sport the second tallest building on earth, The Berg in Dubai surpassed it by a little, and we went up!  It took thirty seconds on an incredibly fast elevator to go up 89 floors!  But...the loooooong line for the elevators reminded me of Disneyland.  Ridiculous!  I would have far rather been exploring the city below but it was a part of the tour.  Our tour guide also taught us a lot of the history of Taiwan...really interesting.  
Its really early in the morning right now and we are just pulling into Ishigaki, Japan.  We will be island hopping over 3 islands today and at one point we are to be riding in a water buffalo pulled cart...I can just see Spod and me now, hoisting ourselves into a teeny cart, and the poor cow won’t be able to pull us.  Apparently it pulls us through water to somewhere....I think I will wear my boots just in case I have to get out and push.

Wish us luck!  Hopefully we will make it back in one piece and together!  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment