Monday, February 24, 2014

HAIR WASHING….(SHOVEL LIST)

As any regular reader here knows, I hate hair washing day. (shovel list big time).  It is such an ordeal.  I only wash my hair once a week, put it up in a pony and don’t touch it, other to tug the pony tighter, til the next wash day.  So that part is easy peasy, but on wash day I actually lose most of a day.  And if I start doing the math, I have lost one seventh of my life...all to stupid hair.
So yesterday was our first at sea day.  I decided that I would wash my own hair instead of going to the hairdresser.  I don’t know why I made that decision.  In retrospect it was a mighty stupid one.
The shower stall is even smaller than the smallest one we have seen before.  For showering you just get in, take down the shower head and don’t move too much.  But for hair washing you actually have to elbow out, raise arms, turn around etc....  What an unmitigated disaster that was.  The shower curtain was so stuck to me and twisted around I almost strangled..I am not kidding!  I managed to get my hair rinsed but no matter what I did, that frigging shower curtain was suctioned to me.  Finally, I got mad.  And when I am impatient and mad..well it never ends well.  That stupid shower curtain needed replacing by the time I was done.
And to top it all off, my hair turned out simply awful.  That shampoo in there is supposed to be good but not for me.  I could tell the minute it started to dry that my hair was not going to be doable.  So I phoned the salon, which is what I should have done to begin with, and made an appointment for right away and went up and had it done by a magnificent awesome black gentleman from Cape Town.    What a fantastic head massage he gave me.  I calmed right down and my hair turned out perfectly!  

Last night at dinner I noticed a little altercation happening at the table next to us.  One of the large ladies was NOT happy about something and the lovely other lady was gently trying to placate her, which wasn’t working.  I never got the gist of what the argument was.  At the end of their dinner, the nice one got up and went and got both of them some dessert.  But the other didn’t like what she got so she got up and went over herself.  When she came back she lost her balance, and started to weave backwards, never got her feet under her and down she went with a hell of a thump, dessert flying everywhere.  She was totally and completely pissed to the gills.  The staff roared over and managed to finally get her up and into her chair and she became very loudly belligerant.  I    Hate    Drunk    People.   ask my kids.  I have a real problem with drunk people.  I think its due to my past.  My kids are NOT allowed to get drunk around me...I can’t handle it.   So we gobbled up our dinner and got out of there.  They are at that table every night so I shall see how they are tonight.  Gotta bounce!  TTYL  ps  I forgot I was going to write about a conundrum   I will write about that tomorrow, this has become too long  sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment