Friday, February 14, 2014

HONG KONG….DAY ONE

What a crazy trip over.  We were in the air for about fourteen plus hours…loooooong trip.  We watched five movies, had two hot meals and one lunch, made five trips to the loo, drank a ton of water and still dehydrated, and met tons of Asians.  They are so much fun to travel with.  I find a plane load of Asians, as opposed to white people, or east Indians or whatever,  way more eccentric and unexpected and sooooo friendly.  We had an aisle and next to aisle seat in the middle.  And…amazingly on this very full plane, the seat between me and the far aisle seat remained vacant..BONUS!!!  But the little older Asian lady who sat in the aisle seat was just a tad crazy.  

She was very very short and couldn't reach the air vent blower thingy obove our seats.  She hopped up on the seats (she was really cold) and made sure hers and the empty seat vent were closed.  Now, when I travel I keep mine blowing full blast right smack on me, even if I get cold.  Not only does it keep my blood pressure down but I don't swell up and I have read that its the best way to not pick up bugs from other people.  The air is fresh, not circulated, and it keeps the air on my face clean.  Ever since I started to do this I have not gotten sick right after flying.

Well, she was determined to turn mine off.  I kept shaking my head and hands and telling her to leave it, but no, she turned it off and got down.  I then undid my seatbelt (shovel list for fat people) and stood up, turned it back on and made a showing that I was pointing it more my way.  She wasn't too happy.

She then started acting like a mother.  She insisted I put the arm rest up, and I like it down and try explaining that to someone that speaks zero english.  As soon as I put it down she would reach across the vacant seat and push it up.  Jeez!!  All the while talking along in Chinese.  Next, when our meal came, she kept trying to give me a bite off her fork..over and over.  And when I put the vacant seat table down to put my drink on, no room left on mine, she would take my stuff, drinks etc.  and put them on hers and lift the table back up.  Later she lay down across the two seats, put down her bags and pillows to make this makeshift bed and put her head and upper back right on my side!  For two hours.   And no matter how much I moved or shrugged she just went with it and stayed there!  In the last one and a half hours, she very elaborately and thoroughly picked her nose, putting the findings in a kleenex or flicking onto the floor.  I just heaved a little here telling this.  When I started sneezing and blowing my nose (damned allergies) she dug around, opened up the barf bag, gave it to me and indicated to put my used kleenex into it, then proceeded to put on a surgical mask.  Ayyaiyai.

The trip has been so easy and smooth.  We walked our bags from the Fairmont hotel down to Air Canada…first in line and got checked in immediately, went to security and no waits or hold ups, sailed right through, paid for the lounge and really enjoyed that, went to the gate just as they called our row to board, went straight through customs here, all the baggage arrived safe and sound, and we were met at the exit by the hotel limo driver.  Out to the car and he gave us a running commentary on what we were seeing straight to the hotel

We were met at the car by a lovely girl who took us immediately to the elevators up to our room on the fifteenth floor.  She did all the check in in our gorgeous room at the lovely desk in here.  As soon as she was done in came our bags.  Such royal treatment!  And the view is spectacular.

We were both hungry and planned to go out and find something to eat.  But by the time we unpacked a little and set our gaspers (cpap) up, we hit that wall.  Instead we made a couple of cup of noodles from the bar in here and proceeded to pass  out.

Right now its four in the morning.  I was out cold by eight last night and slept through to four.  But the two nights now that we are gone, so far, I have had to sleep in a chair.  Within five minutes laying down on a bed, my back seizes up and I can't move.  So no beds for me right now.  Its a shame cuz the beds in these five star hotels are amazing.

Today we will be going around Hong Kong city but we have something spectacular and fun planned for tomorrow.  I can't wait and I aint saying what it is til tomorrow!!!    (don't want to jynx it)  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment