Monday, February 17, 2014

HONG KONG DAY 3 (I THINK) CAST OFF

Finally, we are about to set sail for somewhere in China.  The smog in this place is killing me.  You can’t see very far, which is claustrophobic,  and the smog is burning the inside of my nose off.  I do believe we shan’t be coming back here.

Spod kind of rallied yesterday.  He was  weak and wobbly and for sure his thinking was even slower and more muddled.  I phoned down to the concierge and asked for a hand with luggage and a car to the cruise terminal.  He called back to tell us that the little ship we were looking at out our hotel window was our ship.  They would come up, pick our luggage up and walk us to the ship. Hahahaha!!  Could not have been easier!  This whole trip has been like that.

This ship, the Azamara Journey is very small.  The hallways, the room everything is quite small.  Its nice, not such a long haul to anywhere you would want to go.  Only 600 passengers so no really long line ups for anything.  Its a club cruise which means you get free pop and water and lattes etc...it also includes some excursions and shows on land.

We have had the GREAT fortune to meet a couple of gentlemen so far.  They stopped at our table to talk a while.  One of them went on and on and on about how Kaui is so much better than Maui.  Yeah right!  He said Maui was too crowded.  What???  Kaui is tiny.  I guess if all you want to do is sit in your condo and drink scotch all day..then yes Kaui is just fine.  Buffoon!

The next big old fat guy that happened along had a camera hanging around his neck.  A canon.  He asked what mine was and I said Nikon.  He went on and on and on why canon was better than nikon.  I told him that , yes, I really like canon, have had them before, have a smaller one now, but I read just enough reviews from people complaining about the canon focus unit, which happened to be a complaint of mine, that I went with Nikon.  Hahaha,he says, I read the same thing but the other way around.  He frigging well DID NOT!!  Bull shit!!!  I have read thousands of reviews and not once has there been a complaint about Nikon and focus.  Jerk!!  I hate people.  If you hear of a peopleless island for sale, let me know.

Now we are sitting up in the upper lounge, right at the front, looking out at our hotel!  We leave in half an hour.  I think Spod is going to a lecture and I am going to go to our tiny room for a nap.

I still can’t sleep in beds.  Within four minutes (I timed it) my back seizes up.  And this room only has a teeny tiny couch.  The seat is so narrow that  when I am seated, the edge of the seat only comes halfway along my butt.  So, using umpteen pillows and a chair off the deck I have gerryrigged an adequate sleeping arrangement.  Except, around two in the morning I slid off onto the floor, waking me up most rudely.  I started to laugh and woke up Spod.  But now I need a nap!
I shall be back here tomorrow after a walkabout in a town somewhere on the China coast.  TTYL



1 comment:

  1. How about some pictures Helen? I'd like to see how much worse the air pollution is in China since I was there 5 years ago...if you can please...

    ReplyDelete