Wednesday, February 26, 2014

TOKYO AND LOST PROPELLERS

So, Tokyo.....an incredible city.  Definitely not what I had expected!  This city is beautiful, clean, unbelievable architecture, history and really really mysterious weird stuff.
We have had two amazing days of tours and shows.  We have been to do several obligatory temples and palaces and such.  And we have done some shopping for some crazy stuff.  And last night we went to a beautiful garden with the most amazing pretty venue.  What a great place to get married!
In this venue were a number of very large rooms set up for us to flow from one to another and so on.  In each was something special.  Calligraphy,  geisha dancers, kabukyi (Japanese drama), candy art, writing your name on a piece of rice, drumming (all women and crazy thrilling) and best of all...sumo wrestling!  They plied us with endless saki, wine, coke and sushi, satay, and nibbles..truly a special night.

The Japanese people are the kindest most polite people y0u can ever encounter.  Vancouver could take a lesson or two!  
Have you ever been to a Japanese steak house...the old schooly type?  We were taken to one today for lunch.  It was truly a treat!  Each room held only ten of us.  We sat around a very hot stove top with a large fan over it.  In front of us was a beautiful salad, little dish of pickles and an assortment of sauces.  A chef then came in with vegetables and the most beautiful marbled beef you ever laid eyes...and proceeded to put on a terrific show of cooking it all.   So much fun.  And this steak house was set in the most beautiful Japanese gardens.  (side note here...we are about to cast off for Osaka, and outside on the dock is a ten piece drum band...unbelievable!!!!!  No words can describe this...I gotta go see...be right back!!)  Okay...that was nuts!  I video taped it so maybe I can post it here when I get back!
Now..the conundrum.  When I was up at the hairdressers and he had just come and got me, as we walked in, he picked up a promotional piece of brochure and suggested I think about doing the face, neck, upper back, head, foot and ankle massage.  So I told him immediately that I couldn’t because none of the robes fit me.  At first he looked confused, then incredulous then disbelieving.  So, before he could say a word, I said ‘Nope...don’t even think it...the big boy ones don’t fit either.  They just do not fit!”  So he put the paper down and we proceeded with the hair thingy.  Afterwards he said that it was a shame I couldn’t do the other.  I agreed with him//////Okay gonna stop right there with this story.
The captain just came on to say we are in trouble, and the whole cruise will be ending three days early in Osaka.  So anything to do with the appointment I finally made with Mr. Timothy is a moot point.
Apparently we hit something on the way into Tokyo and lost the use of our portside propeller.  We are going to slowly limp into Osaka, and that is where the cruise will end, not in Shanghai three days later like its supposed to.  They will somehow have to find everyone flights out of there to where ever it is they have to go.  The logistics on this hurts my brain.
I think that with us it will either be: fly us home right away (number one choice) or put us up in a hotel in Osaka for two nights then fly us to Shanghai so we get to our Shanghai hotel on time then fly home as scheduled on the 7th (second choice), and lastly, fly us to Shanghai, put us up for two nights somewhere then move to the previously reserved hotel til the 7th.  That one would be the cheapest, but my last pick.  Oh well, we could speculate til the cows come home and not know whats going to happen.  
And the people on this boat are NOT happy campers!!  True nature surfaces!!!  When I strolled down to the main desk area, it was forty people deep all frantically waving their arms and animatedly (nice word) trying to let everyone know that THEIR dilemma was the worst and needed attention first.  Ahhhh, people, gotta love ‘em.  All I know is I shall just simply not get off this boat til they have a plan for Spod and me.  And they definitely want us off this boat...early on the 1st, from what I can tell.  We do get to spend tomorrow in Osaka so I shall completely pack up today.  I love packing up the room.  Its a lot like throwing out the xmas tree on boxing day!

Once I know whats happening I shall come back here and post.  In the meantime I am going to go out and about and watch people at their finest!  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment