Friday, February 7, 2014

MY PRINTERS LEARN TO FLY

What is it about printers?  The damn things…they drive me crazy!!!  There is always something not working.  Why can't we just push print and the freaking thing just simply prints?  Maybe (probably) yours does.  Mine does NOT!!!  I hate printers!!!(shovel list to the power of infinity)


Today I decided that I had best get all our trip stuff printed.  Things can go wrong with confirmations, schedule screw ups etc and there is only two full working days left to fix stuff.

I have the printer under my desk (maybe not the best spot, I have been known to kick printers across the room and out the back door into the toolies)  I get all my files lined up and in order, ready to hit print.  The first one is locked and loaded and my finger hovers over the print button…I pray a little..'please…just print   please…just print….please just do it'.  I push print and…..nothing.  I push again.  Nothing.  What the hell???!!!! 

 So I go through the normal check list, cursing and swearing and smacking the thing.  The printer is plugged in.  The usb cord hasn't fallen out of the impossible dark hole it has to go into on the back of the printer, the printer is turned on, there is lots of paper, its full of new ink…WHAT THE HELL!!  I go over the check list again and again and nope! nothing.  Finally in very frustrated angry defeat I use the other, wireless printer thats set up downstairs.  It works just fine, of course, even though I can't even see it, hear it and I am miles away from it.  Pisses me off!

Later as I was straightening all the printed stuff out I noticed the USB cord..the one that is plugged into the printer in that dark hole…the other end is sitting on the desk…not plugged into the lap top. Ach fer Jeez…I am so stupid.  But I still hate the printer.

Anyway, I got it all sorted out, changed the passport numbers to the new ones and we are ready to go.  I still have to fine tune my packing.  I am taking two suitcases..I don't care if I have to pay for a second one.  The airfare was free, it came with the cruise we bought and the cruise was cheap so I can pay the seventy bucks for the second suitcase.  Fifty pounds barely covers my two jeans and my underwear.  And Spod just told me that it could get hot in Shanghai so now I need to pack for two weather types.

I think I had best go to bed.  I am very very cranky.  My allergies are killing me.  I took two sinutabs..which totally helped the allergies but they make me so sleepy and really pissed off with everything.  TTYL






No comments:

Post a Comment