Friday, April 10, 2015

GETTING IT ALL DONE

Well a very successful day or two so far.  Monte and I had a wonderful trip down.  We checked into this awesome hotel downtown, checked for bed bugs and settled in.  Monte immediately took off to the north shore to meet up with his friends.  

At eight I met Austin outside the Vogue theatre.  It was so good to see him!  The concert was totally amazing.  I always forget how great it is to see your fave bands perform.  And he and I had such a great visit.  He is heading to Korea on May 6.  And it isn't just to teach english, he will be an actual high school literature teacher.  He is so stoked!  And he will be living and teaching right in Gangum Seul right where he wanted to be.  They provide a loft for him too.

Today Aryn picked me up and we went to the TD. Every single time I need to do something regarding Bill's death it feels like we are the first people to ever have dealt with this.  A number of cheques have come in made out to 'the Estate of William Heyman'.  And we can't cash them.  There is no account left with his name on it and we can't open an account in that name without a lawyer.  And getting a lawyer to do probate is completely unnecessary and would cost more than the cheques amount to.  Anyway, we have left it in TD's hands to solve. 

 Then she dropped me off downtown at CWT….which went a whole lot smoother…and got that all sorted out.  I walked around downtown for a while then at six we picked up Austin and met Dorothy, April, Myles, Jess, Aryn, and Bradley at Nick's Spaghetti House on Commercial Dr. and we had the best time!  I love that place, we can be noisy, badly dressed and the food is plentiful and tasty.

I got back here to the hotel room around ten and tried to watch tv.  I have gone so long without tv now that I find I am not all that interested anymore, as long as I have a good book going.  Austin and Monte hooked up with a couple of friends of Monte's and they went clubbing.  It is now 4:44 in the morning.  About half an hour ago Austin and Monte showed up in Monte's room.  We have a connecting room and both the doors are ajar.  They are sleeping on a queen bed in there and I have spent the last half hour listening to them dissect and discuss their evening.  Hilarious!!!  Some things I probably didn't need to hear!  Now all I hear is snoring.  So funny.

Tomorrow, or later today I guess I should say, I have to wake them up and we have to be out of here by 11.  That should be fun.  I have an appointment with my notary for lunch and an appointment for will writing and mortgage etc…  Then after we check in to the Holiday inn over there in North Van I am meeting Russell and Lorraine and April and Myles for dinner at the Black Bear.  I am really looking forward to it.  Russell is Bill's nephew.  He works at the art institute downtown and he and April have made a very strong cousin connection.  And Lorraine is a manager of Additionelle and about the nicest person you will ever meet.  I am so looking forward having some time to visit with her.

Well it sounds like the boys have settled in and gone to sleep for good this time.  It's almost five in the morning and time for me to get some shut eye. I shall report back soon.  TTYL



THIS WAS BILL'S FAVE SALAD…TOMATOES AND ONIONS IN A GENTLE DELICIOUS DRESSING




STARTING ON THE LEFT:  JESS (APRIL'S BFF), DOROTHY (MY SISTER'S MIDDLE DAUGHTER) AUSTIN, MONTE SHOULD BE NEXT BUT HE IS TAKING THE PICTURE, ME, ARYN, BRADLEY, APRIL AND MYLES.

MONTE


No comments:

Post a Comment