Monday, April 13, 2015

TRIPPY DIPPY

Wow!!  Its crazy coming back here to Langford.  Doesn't really feel right anymore.  Time to go.

I had a fabulous time in Vancouver.  I had a very successful lunch and business appointment with my notary in North Van.  She's great!  

When we were done I walked up to April's work.  She was on a break upstairs.  And then I went out and met up with Monte and went and checked into the Holiday Inn.  At seven I went over to the Black Bear and met up with Russell and Lorraine and April and Myles.  We had the best visit.  I really love those two.  Russell reminds me so much of Bill…in a really good way.  And I don't think one could find a more kind and fun person that Lorraine.  Dinner was delicious and during that dinner I got a call from my realtor with a really good offer on the house!!!  It could still fall through though so I am not counting my chickens just yet.  When we stood up to go and put on our coats, Lorraine and I had the same identical coat!  Only it looked a heck of a lot better on her than me!!

The next day, Saturday, Monte and I met Clare and Tish for lunch.  How wonderful to see them again.  We spent a lovely couple of hours catching up on our lives and chit chatting about things in general.  Monte leaned on his elbow and slept.  How RUDE!!  I was not happy with him.  Clare and Tish, bless them, were so kind about it.  I just love spending time with those two.

After lunch Monte dropped me off at the hair dressers.  On the way over I grabbed my hair brush and brushed out my hair.  When I do this my hair sticks straight out from head, about three feet out.  So I had him drop me off right at the door and I dashed in.  I could hear the two teen boys waiting in there snickering at me.  Couldn't really blame them.  But…I forgot that I had moved my appointment to two thirty!!!!  What the hell!!!  So I popped over to the fat lady store two doors down and killed an embarrassing hour.

And then….that night April had her birthday party downstairs from my Holiday Inn room at Seymour Arms…a great pub.  A bunch of her friends and Monte's friends, and Austin showed up and we had the best time ever.  I mean it.  I slammed back four double Caesars (but I think they were weak, I didn't feel it much), talked with people I hadn't seen in ages and watched April dance.  That girl can dance, and rap, like nobody's business!!!  We had sooooo much fun..til two in the morning!!!  

The next morning we were up early and off to visit Cookie.  Monte crawled into her basement and went right to sleep.  Cookie and I and her mommy had such a good visit.  After a while two of her sisters and two of her nieces came by.  It was so good to catch up with the 'brown people'  lol!!!!  My family by choice!

And then we hit the five ferry and home.  Monte left pretty much right away for Port Alberni.  It was strange coming into the house here.  It is sooo clean!  I texted my realtor this morning and asked if I could mess it up now!  He said to have atter!!

Tomorrow morning I have the junk man coming and Sheila, the awesome lady who took all my stuff off my hands, to finish up taking things.

Tonight I had dinner over at my cousin Dorothy's place.  She and Dan made the most delicious turkey dinner…exactly what I have been craving since our turkeyless Christmas!!  It was so good!  And enjoyed my visit there so much. 

And on the way home I stopped in at Millstream Market and went around and picked fave food to eat over the next few days.  Thursday night I am meeting Andrew for our last Asian Cuisine dinner together :(  I am so going to miss some people here in Victoria, thats for sure.  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment