Friday, April 24, 2015

HOME AGAIN HOME AGAIN JIGGITTY JIG

Well its done and done.  We got to the house early and whipped through it with a broom and cloth.  The housekeeper is going back a couple of times to finish it off.  I left the broom and mop there for her. We left around nine oclock and I never even looked back.  A beautiful place in a beautiful setting but in the wrong part of the province.

The trip up was uneventful and easy.  Except for the new hwy 17 east from Tswassen to the freeway.  Its 'easy' but so long and convoluted and you get smucked up with big trucks coming and going from the Port Of Surrey.  Not going that way again.  Its faster to go the old way.

It felt so so good to get home, to my purple room chair and my beautifully cleaned home (by my awesome sister).  In the window waiting for me was a bunch of purple shiny balloons with welcome home on them.  And on  the counter was a plate of home made cookies and two bottles of 'back yard' (winery in Langley) wine!  And in purple room a beautiful big hydrangea in the most beautiful purple waiting for me.  What more could one want!

Today, after having my morning laptop session and answering emails and doing some business, Jo and Ainsley and Kathy came for a few hours.  I was in heaven!  Sitting there, conversing and watching a busy little girl playing…drinking coffee, eating cookies, looking out at my incredible view…life is pretty good I must say.  Its funny, I feel closer to Bill here than in Langford.  This was both Bill's and my territory at the start.  This just feels right.  And I love having Monte with me for now.  He and I get along so well and he enjoys running all those errands (SHOVEL LIST) for me that I hate doing.

One negative note…the Port Alberni deal fell through.  Big surprise there…sorry Port but I have never met such a large number of down and out losers as I found in Port.  I have to get that place out of my life..its a dark pit of bad.  Tomorrow I phone Joe Van Bergan and get it listed.  For the piddling amount I am asking for it it should go reasonably quickly.

But that now means I can't buy my jeep as soon as I had planned.  Oh well.   I have til the fall to worry about it.

The funniest thing happened at the hotel.  I had to sit in the lobby for about twenty minutes to wait for Monte to get there with the key.  A woman, about thirty years old, well dressed and turned out, came dashing into the lobby with a baby of about six months, a little girl, in her arms.  She glanced around, the lobby was empty except for the concierge, spied me and came flying over and desperately asked if I could hold her baby whilst she went to the loo.  I laughed and said of course, I had held many a baby in my time.  "oh thank you thank you " she gushed then as she dashed off she yelled over to the concierge.."don't let her steal my baby!!!"  Hahahaha!!!  so funny and the baby was the sweetest little thing.  Mom was only gone for a few minutes.  It was kind of nice going old school for a few minutes.  We used to do this all the time…takes a village as they say, or at least it used to.

Now I am listening to crazy electronic music as I type this.  Monte is making me a tomato sandwich.  I am tired.  Tomorrow will be busy.  All the stuff is coming on Sunday.  So tomorrow I need to walk around the place and makes notes on where what is going.  I am still kind of downhearted about the amount of stuff thats coming.  I think I will make sure the garbage can is full each week.  One thing I chose not to bring and I kind of feel a little bit sad about is a carved bear from a stump.  We had that bear for years and years.  It was in the garden in the front of the house.  But it was cracked and falling apart and heavy and time to say goodbye..:(

Now to bed.  It's all dark in here, Molly sleeping in her little bed right beside my chair, Monte to bed and I am looking out over the twinkling city.  Like I said Life Is Good!  TTYL

2 comments:

  1. What happens with the $5,000.00 you paid that guy to take care of selling the Port place? Get that back to buy a vehicle with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooo glad you feel at home...:-)

    ReplyDelete