Tuesday, April 7, 2015

ONWARD TO THE NEXT STEP

Today is clean up and pack day.  Kevin is coming back this morning to finish up the painting.  Tandy took the kids home early yesterday in the truck to O.K. Falls.  I was disappointed.  But she said that because Elise had a cold she wanted her home.  I tried to get Kevin to let Fenton stay but he wouldn't.  I have a feeling I might be falling down in the Gma territory.  Its true, I wasn't as focussed on them as I maybe should have been but I am so totally distracted right now with everything.  So It was probably good they went home.  Once I am settled here I will be able to be a more attentive Gma.

The house is looking fantastic.  I love the colours.  Its not been easy but in the end I got exactly what I wanted, maybe its even better than I expected.  There is no way we can finish all the painting right now so when I get back here and settled in I shall hire someone to come and finish.  I am so grateful to my kids for doing all of this for me.

The next two weeks are scary as hell.  I was thinking about this in the night: drive to vancouver,  CWT (settle Bill's transfers etc), TD (open an account for 'the estate of Bill), attend an awesome concert at the Vogue, have lunch and then a will changing appointment with my Notary, dinner with the crew for April's birthday, dinner with Russell and Lorraine and April and Myles, hopefully lunch with Clare and Tish, four hour hair appointment (big time shovel list), an awesome day of visiting with Cookie, back to Langford and meet with junk man for estimate, pack the house (my part), get all the income tax crap organized and off to the accountant (and God only knows where Spod left everything), meet the movers and send them on their way, clean the house, meet the junk guys, drive to Kamloops, meet the movers and unpack.  I think thats all.  

But then I will have a whole month almost to get my house regulated.  I won't have much furniture and I won't be buying any until the house sells.  I kind of like it empty.  It seems a shame to mess it up with couches and tables and such.  I also want to switch out the appliances.

Well I guess I had better hop to it.  I need to get Willy's cage clean and collect his stuff.  Kathy has very generously offered to keep an eye on him for the next two weeks.  I also need to do laundry…it never ever seems to just be done.  I hate laundry.  I need to clean the car out too.  Maybe I will get Monte to do that.  And this morning I am hungry.  Dangit!!!  I don't have anything here.  TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment