Thursday, April 2, 2015

REALLY LOVING IT

I love it here…it fits like a glove.  One thing I am having to get used to though is living so closely amongst people again.  Since we moved in North Van in 2008, both there and Victoria, we didn't have people right under or on top of us.  Its a little different here.

I sleep with my bedroom window wide open.  And through the night its pretty quiet but at 6:30 on the nose the lady right below me lets her dog out for about five minutes…and he barks pretty much the whole time.  But its only five minutes, not a whole day like Victoria.  And every morning so far the pigeons start up a cooing fest right on top of the roof above my window.  And you just hear more life happening etc…  I haven't heard this stuff in years but its kind of comforting too, having peeps around.

Well I have a move date…April 22 ready or not.  The house is obviously going to take some time to sell and Port Alberni house has to be empty by May 15th.  They will come in on the 21st of April and pack whats left to pack then pick it all up the next day.  I can't wait!!!

I also booked all our flights to Maui.  Aryn, Myles, April, Monte and Myself for May 21st.  Bill's only request was that we spread his ashes out at the edge of the earth church, the spot that we thought was the most beautiful place on the earth.  So all the kids will stay until June 7th.  Monte and I are coming home on the 29th of June.

  And it looks like Kevin and his family will be going over on the fifteenth of June and coming home September.  They rent her mother's condo in OK falls but they have to vacate it for the summer because her mother rents it out for the big bucks.  Last summer they camped everywhere then came down to Victoria for a while.  This is so exciting for them to spend that whole time over there and its good for the condo.  I prefer having people in it than it stand empty.  The grand kids are simply going to love it!  I think the toughest part for them is going to be the packing.  They never travel anywhere with less than five thousand pounds of stuff!

The guy is still working downstairs.  This is going on his sixth day.  I can't believe it.  In Victoria, Bradley rebuilt that whole bathroom downstairs, including vanity, mirror, light, gyprock on walls and ceiling, painting etc…in two days.  This guy is just replacing three spots of gyprock and a pot light.  Thats it.  And you know the 500 or so bucks for dust barrier?  He aint using any! Do insurance companies just let themselves get hosed?  

I have been making appointments holisbolis over the last couple of days.  Its funny…to make just one appointment it will involve at least three emails or three phone calls!  CWT, TD, notary, hair, BFF, and hopefully Claire and Tish.  The only day I will be able to see them is Sat. and only if I can move my hair appointment.  I am going to phone both today and see if lunch will be possible.  I want to see you Claire and Tish!!! Its been a while..too long.

I washed my hair yesterday (shovel list).  Now I feel like this really is home.  But it wasn't without its difficulties.  I have a lovely bathroom, complete with a large jetted tub.  And supposedly a heated floor, which I absolutely could not find the switch to turn it on.  I finally contacted Della, the lady that stayed here, and she told me where it was.  She said they found it totally by accident.  To get to it you have to get right down on the floor, put your head as low as it can go, look under the very lowest shelf right at the very back and there was the knob.  And when you are a fat broad, getting up from a complete supine position on the floor (or is it prone), just isn't that easy.

The shower stall was built back in the nineties when the majority of the population was thin.  This shower reminded me of the ones on cruise ships…maybe a little larger but not much.  And there is no shelf to put shampoo or anything.  I will get one of those shelf things you hang over the shower head but thats going to make it even smaller.  I shall just have to lose a hundred pounds.  (shovel list…I'll get right on that).

Later, all clean and hair washed, I stepped out onto the bathmat, forgetting that I had turned on the floor, which I have never experienced before, and I immediately thought someone had peed.  Thats the only warm wet floor I have stepped in before.  I was about to holler for Molly when I remembered.  Very pleasant I must say, once I figured it out.

Now, its Thursday morning, and I have a full day ahead of shopping and banking and BCAAing etc. At least I can forge ahead with a clean head of hair.  Monte and I are now being recognized if we go back to places we have been before.  Frik and Frak.  Not a good thing.  I can only imagine what people are thinking….frizzy grey big headed fat
THIS IS THE VIEW I HAVE FROM MY TURLETT
old lady and a 6'8 four hundred pound long haired dude.  We kind of enjoy the shock we see on people's faces!  TTYL









No comments:

Post a Comment